Butterscotch privilege

After about an hour of searching, there was still no sign of Butterscotch. Deep in the Everfree forest, with only darkness sounds of critters Elusive started panicking. His heart started beating fast. Sweat poured down, and tears began to flood in his eyes. Elusive blabbered without breathing, "What if we cannot find him? What if everything goes downhill from here? What if I can't dress him up anymore? what if we won't make it out alive!" He fell drastically mid-air. His hoof hanging on his forehead.

Applejack swooped in immediately and caught Elusive on his back. With Elusive lying on Applejack's back, Aj could not help but roll his eyes. Instantly, his annoyed face turned into a look of sadness. His brows curved, and his annoyed lips turned even more down. Elusive's actions were valid. There is a pretty low chance of them finding Butterscotch. Nonetheless, none of them can lose hope now.

The four ponies lowered themselves on the enormous grass of the forest in unison. Each breath they took was heavy with exhaustion, the rhythm of their inhales and exhales synchronising with the gentle rustle of leaves overhead. They lay there, thinking of any possible way to find hope. Together.

Rainbow Blitz relocated his head slightly and saw his tired friends and the journey they had to face. His eyes shifted to the side and focused between the tree trunks. He saw the empty, dark space. Rainbow squinted his eyes on a bush–Is it a bush? He could not tell, but it was not far away from the trees the group was near.

Behind that bush, he can see a little bit of bright yellow. Is that? Rainbow stood up. With lightning speed, he moved as swiftly as his muscles would allow towards the bush. It was unlikely to see a buttercup yellow amid trees. That could be Butterscotch! Rainbow halted abruptly, his heart racing as he caught sight of Butter, only to find a space where he should have been. Disappointment washed over the pegasus. He glanced left and right with a sense of urgency, desperately searching for any sign of his friend. And then, there he was, standing with a purple figure beside him.

Time skip

"Let me help you with that Twi." Butterscotch politely said. He stretched out his wing to reach one of Twilight's scrolls out of the quicksand. He gave it to Twilight, and Twilight accepted. She thanked the kind colt and placed her scroll in her overpacked saddlebag. Just as the scroll neared the opening of the saddlebag, poised to slip inside, it tumbled to the ground instead. Twilight's magic on the scroll stopped working when she jolted because of a sudden noise coming into them—the noise of loud, fast-paced hooves. Twilight looked to her side and saw Rainbow Blitz. Her smile faded.

Butterscotch, on the other hand, was glad to see his pegasus friend. "Rainbow!" Butterscotch stepped forward but stood still after he felt something coming through.

It wasn't a thing. It was ponies. They looked up and saw Applejack coming in hot. "Oh mighty good you found 'em!" He hugged Butterscotch and wrapped himself to Twilight with a tight squeeze.

Butterscotch and Twilight didn't have any air to breathe anymore. They gave signals and weak voices to tell Applejack to stop. Yet Aj finished the warm embrace on his own as he heard two more ponies coming.

Alternatively, Elusive and Pinkie collided with Applejack, bouncing off each other like playful orbs. However, it was Elusive who took the final impact, his body hitting the ground with a thud. He let out a grunt of discomfort, his muzzle meeting the earth. "Pinkie! What did I tell you about jumping towards me when we are moving? Much more so even when we are not moving!" Elusive felt his head crack. He searched around to find a reflection. However, he only saw Twilight's overflowing saddlebag. He then went over to Twilight, opened her bag despite the fact he did not need to open it any further and dug through like it was his own saddlebag he was holding. "A big saddlebag yet no mirror!?" He franticked.