First love

After that weird encounter with the blue pegasus, Twilight Sparkle and Spike walked on the streets of Ponyville. "That was mean of you, Twilight," Spike said, walking behind her, worried that Twilight had hurt the poor, enthusiast colt away.

"I wasn't being mean. I was being sarcastic. Besides, now that we know the weather and music are all right, all we have left is food and decor." Twilight stated, looking rather annoyed but neutral now, not mad or happy.

Spike looked at the list the Princess gave and read that Sweet Apple Acres provides the food for the celebration. "I know that place!"

"You do?" Twilight questioned.

"One of the guards in Canterlot brought food from Sweet Apple Acres, and it was delicious! Their apples are rich and juicy, and even more, their apple pies! I could never forget what they tasted like." Spike commented and licked his lips, savouring that memory.

They both went to the edge of Ponyville, across the bridge and in front of Sweet Apple Acres. Twilight and Spike could already smell the delicious food they were having. Both can see earth ponies working hard, not just making food but growing it, building equipment, and having fun—earth ponies whose cutie marks are related to apples. One cutie mark has flowers and a big apple on top. Another cutie mark is a big sliced green apple; another has three apples with maple syrup. Then, They saw a filly with no cutie mark come up to them, "Howdy, strangers!"

"Hello, little filly. Do you mind showing me who's preparing the food for tonight?" Twilight asked, lowering her head to see the cute filly who greeted them.

"Why, we are indeedy! We have the best apples in Ponyville and might be the best in Equestria! And we, too, are very honored to hold this kind 'a thing!" The little filly answered. Twilight looked at the filly. She had bright crimson as her mane, a yellow coat and red-orange eyes. She was wearing a big bow on her head, which was very cute.

"There must be somepony in charge." Twilight thought. Just then, a vast colt appeared. Well, not that huge, but an average big stallion. Worthy of being called a strong earth pony. Twilight lifted her head, widened her eyes and blushed a little. Seeing a handsome stallion wasn't rare in Canterlot, but a big one was. The stallion told the filly off to do some chores while he took care of the visitors.

He walked up to Twilight and Spike, "Howdy there, name's Applejack, but I reckon if we're close enough, you call me Aj." The stallion smiled politely at Twilight. Twilight, however, has her jaw dropped. She didn't know how to react to her heart beating. She had never felt that way in her life. She looked at the stallion with blushing eyes and looked to his left. Twilight saw Spike eating another pile of food given by the Sweet Apple Acre ponies. That made her shake her head aggressively and jump right back into reality.

"Uh- Hi! M-my name is Twilight Sparkle. Sent here by the Princess to check if everything is well for the Summer Sun Ce...Celebration." She realized how embarrassing it was that she stuttered. Waiting for the response of the handsome stallion, Twilight Sparkle looked at his physic. She hadn't seen any pony that good-looking. His hair is long and flowing, making him more attractive, but Twilight knows he would look much finer even with his hair tied.

"Oh! Why didn't you say so!" Applejack happily said. "Ya'll, we have the inspector comin' in!" He yelled. In that second, He carried Twilight with his front hoof across her barrel and sat her at a table.

All the ponies came rushing in, putting all kinds of apple-related foods at the table: Apple pies, Apple muffins, Apple fritters and so on. Twilight Sparkle was shocked by how fast everything was happening and how delicious those foods looked. She then started eating them one by one, with Spike almost gulping the 57th food that they had given him. While they were eating, Applejack started introducing his whole Apple family. "Apple Bumpkin, Red Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Gala Appleby, Jonagold, Perfect Pie, Lavender Fritter, and Peachy Sweet!"