Chapter 2 (Accident)

The Rebirth || chapter 2

Y/n had always feel a little left out of place in her small town. At just 17 years old, 'turning 18' she's already longed for adventure and chance to see the world beyond the confines of her families modest home.

Like in a one piece, an anime that she's always loved watching and reading.

Y/n walked out of her room downstairs to just lazy around, grabbing one of the manga's on the shelves before walking towards the living room, sitting down on the couch and started reading.

"Hey, sweetheart me and your dad will be gone for a while, can you take care of the house while we're gone?"

Her mom said when she walked in the living room grabbing a key and some of her things, looking up y/n saw that they are really dressed well, maybe it's their anniversary?.

Y/n then asked the question since she isn't sure yet looking slightly curious, "where are you going?"

"It's our Anniversary, we plan to go out tonight" het dad spoke this time walking inside the living room as well also dressed properly, giving her head a ruffle.

"Oh! You'll ruin my hair dad" she said slightly bit annoyed with a bit of frown, when her dad ruffled her hair that's already messy.

"Now now, will be late, take care of yourself alright? And also your little brother" her mother said as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the door followed by her husband.

"Alright take care of yourself then" y/n shouted as she sat back down.

'welp, I'm alone now, my brother is also at school, he'll be arriving a little later at noon, what can I do at that time?' y/n thought to herself, when she suddenly sat back down comfortably on the couch as she spoke.

"Oh well, time to read one piece again then" she then shrug as if nothing just happened, fixing her hair a little before going back onto reading.

A few hours passed and y/n stood up to get a food on the kitchen since she's getting hungry. Walking inside the kitchen she started looking for free foods inside that might still have.

She then started looking through kabinet and then the fridge, as she opened the fridge she didn't really fine anything so she closed it, go back to the living room.

But on the way there she grabbed an apple on the counter giving it a bite.

A few hours passed by again, when suddenly Y/n started to smell some kind of burning? Like a wire? She stood up looking confused and curious where it could be coming out.

"What is that smell? It's like a wire but at the same time not?" She said and stood up from the couch while putting the book down as well, she started checking every corner of the house where there's a wire, downstairs and upstairs, but nothing, she didn't find or smelled anything that's a wire burning.

She didn't know where it's coming at all, Y/n was upstairs checking around when she came back downstairs she didn't realise that kitchen is now ablaze.

"Oh my f*cking hell, what the f*ck?" Y/n looked panic as she saw the fire in the kitchen getting big, but as someone who should have run already and shout for help.

Y/n tried to put out the fire while cursing at herself, she used her the collar of her shirt to go in the kitchen not noticing the fire already getting into the ceiling.

After a few minutes Y/n started to cough so she have no choice but to get out, that's when she realised how big the fire has actually really gotten when she looked behind, some debris already falling down from the second floor she guessed.

'oh Yeah, mom I'm really good at taking care of house, do you see this house glowing?.... F*CK!! Where the hell did this fire even came from huh?! *cough* I can't breathe'.

Y/n started to run for it outside the house, just noticing the sound of people outside, maybe her neighbours?.

When Y/n finally got near the door, slightly coughing he suddenly heard a bark, oh no it's seems like their dog is still inside.

"Little thatch!" Y/n screamed looking back, she then walked back inside trying to see where her dog could be, some of the house part slowly falling and Y/n's breath started to get worse, she didn't even notice a voice calling out to her.

She can hear the sirens outside the house when her ears suddenly started ringing of adrenaline.

Y/n kept coughing until she finally found their dog she calls little thatch, thatch is a golden retriever who is a medium size dog.

"I know there's no time to think about it, but I now feel weird naming him after thatch in the one piece because we might die together...." Y/n mumbled to herself coughing harder, she's sure she won't be able to stur another word for a while if she came out of her house alive.

"But... I can't let another thatch die.. not today. *cough cough*"

Y/n didn't have a hard time getting thatch though she is having a hard time holding him cuz he is a big dog.

She started to turned around only for a part of house to fall in front of her, not letting her out the house, she looked around where she could find a way to escape their already burning house.

'well, at least I'm not dying alone, but who would want to die with their pet?! I'd rather die alone than die along side thatch, it's like in the anime saving him but different... Ok I think I need to stop thinking about that manga for now and look for ways to escape'

Y/n spotted a window on the left side of their house, there she saw her little brother, he might have just arrived only to find their house burning into a crisp.

Y/n run for the window while carrying the dog who is barking around, maybe sensing the danger around, y/n wandered how could the two of them still be alive with all this smoke.

A man suddenly appeared in a yellow, orange? Suit around him, a firefighter must be to see if there's a people inside which is only y/n inside.

'Oh, thank goodness, brother must have called for them if it's not our neighbours'

y/n run towards the man who is extending his when he noticed her, when y/n saw the man getting inside she noticed a part of the house falling above the firefighter guy.

And as the girl who acts by her instincts, she suddenly pushed the guy out the window while handing the dog to him, she's sure that the guy must be surprised by it when he also noticed the part of the house falling towards him.

And as if everything had slowed down, the part of fell towards y/n who only looks as surprised, she heard her brother call her but, as if everything also became silent only the thing she heard was the fires flickering around.

'well.. this is a... Disappointing, I wished I was killed by a truck instead so I could reincarnate... Welp, good life Y/n I love my life when I had-'

when it finally hit her, the firefighter noticed the way the girl suddenly smiled making him speechless and surprised, when he landed outside on the ground with the dog outside who's barking at the girls direction inside the house.