Chapter 3: Golden Hour

==========

Y/n slowly opened his eyes and was met with the ceiling of his room, but it just felt a little bit off. 

"Huh... Something feels different." Y/n muttered. He exited the small pool and got up dusting himself off. "Huh, guess I'm not wet then." Y/n realized he didn't become wet in the liquid which surprised him. "...Can I drink it?"

Y/n shook his head, realizing that his intrusive thoughts were winning over him. 'Stop it, stop it, stop it!... my mind truly is weird...'

He looked around and noticed that objects were floating and that the outline of the door of his room was glowing red. 'Totally not ominous.' He thought.

"Please, come this way!" A voice suddenly spoke up.

"Huh?" Y/n turned toward the voice and saw a painting with an image of a crack and multiple hands trying to open it. "Oh hell nah, that looks like something from a horror movie!"

"It's not, I can promise you that." The voice from the painting said.

"How the hell are you gonna do that?" Y/n asked before a white-haired boy popped his head out of the painting. "What the...-"

"See? I'm a person!" The boy said. "Come on, the way to the Golden Hour is this way." He then went back into the painting.

"... Not even 10 seconds and I already think this is weird..." Y/n muttered before jumping into the painting which transported him to a different location with a pair of stairs going up to the same painting. "Woah, this is weird..."

"Hello! And welcome to the Gallary of Thoughts! You can think of this as the entrance to the Golden Hour, and I'm here to guide our guests."

"Oh, okay." Y/n said. "Sorry for assuming you were a ghost or something, I've seen some weird stuff during my travels."

"No worries, it happens all the time." The boy said. "This place is a temporary interchange, so it looks a little rundown. The Reverie in the Dreamscape is currently undergoing a revamp."

"Ah, alright." Y/n said. He looked over the edge. and saw nothingness down there. "Say, what's down there?"

"That's something I don't know." The boy said. "But I was told not to jump down there."

"...Ok." Y/n said. "So where do I enter to the Golden Hour?"

"You just go right through that door to reach Golden Hour." He pointed at the painting up by the stairs. "I wish you an unforgettable dream!"

"Right, thank you... uh."

"Misha." Misha said. 

"Right, thank you Misha." Y/n thanked him before heading to the portal. After going up the stairs he was now in front of it before entering it. "Alright... let's go."

=====