"I Love You.." (sequel)

Dave sat in the doorway sobbing, not caring how long he'd been there or how loud he was being. He was devastated. After god knows how long a man on a walk had heard daves pained cries and came to investigate, as soon as he saw the man he rushed to his side and put his hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. Dave looked up at him, tears still streaming down his now reddened face, the man wrapped his arms around him and started whispering in his ear, assuring him that everything will be okay, dave just fell into the kind mans arms and silently cried into his shoulder. Eventually dave has calmed down, still in the mans embrace, he could feel the man petting him hair comfortingly. Dave pulled back and started to stand, and so did the man, "thank you." he whispered hoarsely.

The man just closed his eyes and nodded silently, he looked back up at dave and wiped a stray tear from his cheek. "whats your name?" dave asked, trying to smiling slightly, though it didnt quite reach his eyes. "elon... musk." the man replied looking at dave with a sympathetic smile. Dave looked the man over before saying "im dave.. I uh... I want to thank you.. again for helping me out there". Elon smiled at him and assured him it was no problem before it had started to rain and dave had invited him in, explaining how he would get far too cold standing out there, but whether dave knew it or not that wasnt the full truth. the truth is dave wanted to talk to this man, elon, some more.

They sat in daves living room talking for a while before they fell into a comfortable silence, "so what happened to make you so upset earlier?" elon questioned. His heart dropped. he knew this question was coming eventually he had just hoped that it wouldn't be so soon, "i uh.. had a falling out with my boyfriend.. Jack."
dave said solemnly, a hint of fondness in his voice when he said his name. "oh-" dave was worried he was going to drive away elon like he had his previous boyfriend if he went into detail about why they had broken up, he didn't know why but he seemed to be drawn to this stranger, almost like he had felt for jack, dave quickly shook those thoughts away, it was far too soon for dave to be thinking like this. "im so sorry. If theres anything i can do, just tell me, okay?" elon said sincerely, pulling dave from his thoughts, he smiled slightly at him.

Daves hand rested beside his thigh and suddenly he felt the other man grip his hand tightly, but not too tight. Offering whatever comfort he could to this poor man, who had just suffered such a tragic heartbreak, elons heart ached for him, wanting to do whatever he could to make him feel better. Dave glanced down at his hand and then up at elon, smiling, *genuinely* this time. For a moment they sat there staring into eachothers eyes, smiling like dummies and before either of them knew what they were doing elons hand reached up to cup daves cheek and rub his thumb across it, dave knew he shouldn't be moving on so fast after his previous boyfriend jack, had left him not even hours prior but he couldn't help it, he didnt want elon to leave, and he sure as hell wasnt about to turn him down. After a few seconds dave pulled away from the kiss, thinking to himself, he had to tell elon what *really* happened before he arrived, if he wanted to be with him he had to be honest, but look where that got him last time. Elon noticed dave zoning out and starting to shake, he grabbed his hand, growing increasingly worried. Had me he ruined everything? Was dave not ready for this? Did he not WANT this? "whats wrong?.. dave?" dave looked up at him, tears forming in his eyes as he recalled the days previous events. "i need to tell you something." dave said, more serious than ever, his voice pained and anxious. oh god.

What was he about to tell him? "what is it.." elon said, quietly, daves voice trembled, it sounded almost as if it hurt him to say the words he was about to say. Elon could feel his pain even before he spoke. "im pregnant." elon sat there, stunned at what he had just heard. "thats why he left me. im not keeping it and he freaked out when i told him. I just dont want to lose my job. my whole lifes work.. I-i cant... but i lost him instead..." dave started to sob as elon pulled him into a hug, holding daves head to his chest protectively. "its okay...shhh.. Its okay.." he whispered dave, trying his best to comfort him once again, he knew how much pain he must've been in and it hurt him too, but he knew iy didnt compare to what dave was feeling. he frowned thinking about how dave must be feeling "i understand.. I wont judge you for it.. i promise.." dave pulled back and looked at him curiously, "you dont..?" he asked sadly. "no.. not at all, and im so sorry that jack didnt do the same.. you deserve to decide what to do without being afraid." elon said, still holding his hand. Dave sat in silence, contemplate what he had just been told, was he serious? is he just pitying me? I hope not. He was pulled into another hug, feeling elon rest his head on his own, "i love you." he whispered to him, dave couldn't help but smile, "i love you too" he whispered back, he meant it. Perhaps everything would be alright in the end.