﹙♯01﹚nocturnal vision.

______________________________________

FEW NOTES BEFORE WE START. first time writing for the pairing desert duo, so yes grian and scar MAY OR MAY NOT be extremely out of character- in my defense, I am trying to get used to play their characters individually 😭 I've only played grian properly in a spam of 5 years, so yes my use of playing scar individually is to the very minimal.

secondly, this story most likely will not being updated weekly. I am busy with school, exams and work at the exact same time so it will most likely be more of a once every term or when I can be arsed to update sort of situation. apologies, pretty held up with work & school rn. (particularly not my fault- pinky promise)

ANYWAYS. enjoy! 🌷
P.S, this is written in third person primarily with the occasional snip its of first person. :)
______________________________________

Grian was one of the first individuals to spawn into the new world. The gradual feeling of cleanliness and the fresh smell of fresh air hit him almost immediately. Just like how it did back then, when they were in the exact same situation before, however just repeated.

The good thing.. they could be more prepared with their decisions now, more decisive and optional: also more safe and risky, hesitant when it came to the final moments. The bad thing? Different soulmates. Not the same people as before, and Grian knew the watchers were out to make people suffer. Not like in the first season, when they were more optimistic about their choices. Heartbreak was bound to happen, it was swelling in his stomach nevertheless. It ached more than it should of.

"Ah soo.. new start!" Grian spoke up suddenly, looking towards who it was standing directly next to him. He normally silly and hardly ever serious grin that layed on his face all the time more curved into a shakey smile. Though it wasn't obvious to those oblivious to it. "Are you excited? Looking forwar to i-"

He stopped midway sentence, the figure that stood looming over him was none other than his previous soulmate, Scar. A sudden wash of guilt tripping over him. It leaped, as if the thought of them not working together was almost terrifying. Grian and Scar had worked together for a good few sessions, not that it would be hard getting used to a new soulmate! It was just, leaving the other behind must of been somewhat terrifying nevertheless.

Scar's energetic voice startled him out of thought, he dragged his arm over and pulled the pesky parrot into a side hug. Grinning from ear to ear like always. "Hell yeah! Oh this is going to be so much fun!" He exclaimed with a sharp chuckle, raising in his free hand to trace the suns silhouette that followed them.

"Energetic as always, I see? You must be prepared, hmm..?" Grian teased in return, pulling himself away from the others side embrace. Scar's energy always eased the thoughts rummaging around inside of him, stopping their horrible reminders and remarks for a short period of time. "However I do wonder.. who my new partner is.."

Scar hummed in returned. Giving Grian a cocky smirk. The smirk being rather endearing for one. "I'm sure whoever it is will be over the moon once they realise they have you as a longterm soulmate. Just like I was! Ahh.. the good old times." He said and slumped down on to the ground, taking a seat and stretching. "They'll be absolutely blessed. Lucky, even."

"And now you're just over exaggerating. But hey, I'll take the compliment. I am prettyyy cool." Grian grinned a little before turning to look around.

Some of the others were standing around, others punching eachother to see if they were soulmates or not, some of them gathering materials and going mining to gear up at the very least. All this did make Grian wonder who fate decided would be best for him. The feathered male blinked on spot before waving goodbye to his good old friend and taking his own pathway.

He stopped by a few people to check their compatibility: all no so far. He was aware that Bdubs and Etho found eachother and were soulmates- which was good for them. For himself, he had checked almost everyone. In the end it was who he had expected from the start. BigB.

The two were good friends before this interaction, and despite Grian killing him and taking BigB's life in the last season of Double Life, they got along pretty well. The occasional friendly disagreements, they still trusted eachother in the end nevertheless.

Grian found himself smiling at the thought of the two but couldn't help thinking back towards the last season.. with Scar, and all the great memories with him.

He had to get his head back in the game. That also meant getting rid of all the odd thoughts that popped into mind occasionally.

He had to forget Scar.