Chapter 11

Hmm... Am I wrong to think that there are four different species right now in my room including myself?

One shadow wolf, the head of the pack is playing with Abbey while Ciddy is playing rock-paper-scissor with my newly acquired shadow, Caudata, the eradicator with his big built body.

The three of them took their original form but the difference back when they were still alive was this black shadow leaking from their bodies or am I the only one who could see that?

Abbey and Ciddy are still working as a servant under the butler Amos. Did he not notice anything weird by now? If he did I'm sure he's making a move, silently that not even I could notice. The Duke did not take Amos as the head butler for nothing.

Toktok!

I waved my hand, signaled them to begone and they did before Peona walked into my chamber.

"My lady, are you alright now?"

Peona must have been shocked more than I was when she saw me vanish in front of her vision. I told her not to worry about it and not to tell anyone but it was already too late to keep it a little secret. That day, she did tell Sera though and Sera panicked, went to tell the Duke that I was abducted.

And my father being the Duke that he is just told Sera this phrase.

"She vanished you say? She'll be back, that is another scheme to get everyone's attention. You're dismissed."

Grr! What did Myrtle crazily do in the past that no one believes in me now?

"I'm good as new that I did not even remember what the hell I was doing in the months and years living in this damn manor," I mumbled to myself not expecting Peona to understand any words spouting from my mouth.

"My lady must be having a hard time..."
Nilapag niya ang dala niyang tray ng iba't ibang klase ng hinog na prutas sa center table.

"You think so?"

"Hmm...but we like what you are now my lady. We could finally converse our thoughts with you like this and--"

"Hah? What do you mean by that?" Taas ang kilay kong tanong.

"No, I did not mean that we never liked you before, and you should be suffering this time! It's just that...we like this version of you, my lady." She said, hindi ako nakapagsalita. Her words contain the warmth of truth and it is the first time that she looks at me comfortably without any fear.

"My lady I think this is trouble!" Naghahabol hiningang pumasok si Sera sa silid ko.

"What is it Sera? Don't come in like that in front of the lady." Puna ni Peona kay Sera.

"My apologies, it's just that I overheard the Duke's secretary's conversation. Today, men will be lining up to have an audience with Lady Myrtle, not just men but my lady's prospective groom!"

"Well that sounds trouble isn't it--wait my lady where are you going?!" Anas ni Peona.

I sighed. Nagsama ang dalawang OA.

"I'll be taking my leave. Don't tell anyone  that I am not here." I take my small bag with all my money in it and call for Ciel's name. He suddenly appeared in front of me, naked and pouring himself a basin of water. Now my floor is wet.

"Oh my, did I perhaps disturb you?" I blankly asked.

"What do you think?" Asar na tinapunan niya ako ng tingin.

"Kyahh! Where did he come from?"

"Cover your eyes Sera!"

Napangiti ako. My hunch was right. I could call him anytime and whenever I want. I did call him while he was having a bath, I expect less for he has a body of a god that I think my nose is bleeding right now.