Chapter 25

[DUKE VIDEN IS EXPECTING YOU.]

"Father, how was your day?" I casually greeted Duke Viden while he was reading a newspaper in the greenhouse while having his coffee. Ilang araw na akong sumisipsip sa kanya para lang makuha ang loob niya. 

[DUKE VIDEN IS UNHAPPY TO SEE YOU.]

Well, I hate seeing him too. I'm just doing these so he could kick me out ASAP.

Duke Viden badly wants to send me away from this household while on the other side, Gylbard insanely wants me to be on the list of his possessions. Mas makapangyarihan si Duke Viden sa pamamahay na ito. I will leech on him until he gets tired of my presence.

Noong unang pagtatangka ko ay halos maging jelly na ang tuhod ko sa kaba dahil boses palang niya ay may dala ng pangamba.

That day Caudata and Charlotte rescued me, we instantly used Ciel's door and arrived at this manor before Gylbard could and that morning I started to visit Duke's Viden's reading room.

"Father, the birthday celebration of His Majesty the King Zirconia Wilkerson is coming. Should we give his majesty a wonderful present, what would it be?" sinadya kong maupo sa bakanteng upuan sa harapan niya unlike before he seem to be calm. Hinanda ko na ang sarili ko sa lilipad na baso pero hindi iyon nangyari.

"It is very unlike you to be chatty. You've been going on for days now. What do you want?" nilapag niya ang tasa ng kape niya sa mesa at binaba ang hawak niyang dyaryo.

[DUKE VIDEN IS SUSPECTING YOU.]

Is the system malfunctioning? Why does the notification keep on popping?

I force a smile, not as awkward as possible. The old man got me. Since I got this far why don't I push through it?

"Nothing father...its just that no one could answer my questions about mother. All I know was her name. Dione. What a bea--" mabilis na iniwas ko ang paa ko nang  biglang mahati ang lamesang gawa sa kahoy at nagiba iyon gawa ng mabigat niyang paghampas dito. 

"Ask anything but that." his expression darkens.

"Then Father, when can I marry into the Ledlucites?" I bluntly asked.

"Marry him right away, I don't care as long I could no longer see that face that resembles your mother." tumayo na siya  saka umalis sa harapan ko. 

My face went blank. Why do I suddenly feel that stabbing pain as if it made a hole in my chest?

"Mother... Why do you hate me for looking too much like her?" I ask. Saglit na napahinto siya sa paglalakad, inaasahan ko na sasagutin niya iyon but all he offered was silence as he continue to walk away. I'm sure it is also the same question that the real Myrtle wanted to know but was too afraid to approach her father. It's sad that I also don't get to hear the reason why.

[DUKE VIDEN LOATHE YOU.]

Napakuyom ako ng kamao. What did I even do to deserve this hatred?

If I got to marry into the Ledlucite then what? I don't have a concrete plan after that. Ciel and I never have the chance to clarify that matter cause for him, marrying me is just a promise to save and cut my ties with the Edelwyse, but why would Ciel do that for Myrtle?

Can't I be my own person? To stand on my own, to fight my own battle...I prefer doing things alone. Am I that weak?

Napahinto ako sa paglalakad nang makasalubong ko si Gylbard. He stops walking a meter away from me.

A father who wants me to vanish and an obsessive brother that holding a grasp on my neck...

"Help me find the eternal death. Let me die."

Sumakit ang ulo ko at ramdam ko ang biglang pagikot ng paligid, muntik na akong mabuwal sa kinatatayuan ko but Gylbard caught my shoulder.

What was that? A sudden flash of memory? A dream?

"Are you alright, sister?" Bakas ko sa boses ni Gylbard ang pagaalala. Tinulak ko ang sarili palayo sa kanya saka tumayo ng tuwid. The feeling of warmth from his hand and body touching mine makes me nauseous.

"It is none of your business." I coldly said as I pass through pero hindi pa man din ako nakakadalawang hakbang ay mahigpit niyang hinawakan ang braso ko at marahas na hinila ako pabalik sa harapan niya.

"Do I look like letting you go easily like the last time? The next time you disobey and disrespect me would be the end of Wencielie Ledlucite, hear me?" Pagbabanta niya.

[GYLBARD BLOODLUST HAS INCREASE.]

Blangko ang mukang tinitigan ko ang papalayong bulto ni Gylbard. In my mind I was killing him infinitely. 

Minasahe ko ang parte ng braso ko na halos durugin niya na maging buto nito sa higpit na pagkakahawak niya kanina.

How dare he threaten me. But well, darn it. That was effective because I knew what he was capable of doing.

He has the power of an eradicator and I don't know what he did but Ciel is still free at the moment. If they wanted to eradicate Ciel they should be in their full force to hunt him down. What is stopping them from doing so?

Caudata told me that Eradicators work from the shadow of someone's order. If they were to be known by the rest of the society then people would grow in fear and people who know fear learn how to draw swords to protect their life and their loved ones. This only means exposing the Eradicators to the people of this nation would possibly lead to war and more battles.

That must be the reason why they want to silently catch Wencieli.

Ciel is undead what could they possibly do to harm him? Yes, they could torture him and make him suffer but they will all die before Ciel could.

I sighed. I'm worried for nothing.  

Gylbard's words meant nothing to me unless it was my life that I needed to protect. Knowing my brother, he would protect me for the rest of his life.

"My lady! Have you seen the news papers?!" Iyon ang kaagad na bungad sa akin ni Sera. Both she and Peona welcome me with a worried face.

"Is it true that you are now engaged with Lord Wencielie Ledlucite?" Asked Peona.

Their eyes widely wait for an answer, they sparkle in anticipation. 

"Is that a problem?" Taka kong tanong.

"Oh my! it's happening!"

"Why did Milady not tell us sooner."

"This news is making noise with the high society right now, my lady."

"Many of them believed that Lady Myrtle bewitched the son of her father's enemy."

Urgh. The mouth of these two...

Tiningnan ko ang newspaper at nasa harap nito ang article tungkol sa engagement ko kay Ciel.

Who would make an announcement in paper before the engagement ceremony that is far from happening? This may come from hearsay and whatnot.

Tinapon ko sa sofa ang papel at nag dive sa gitna ng kama.

To hell with it. I miss my old life.

Kinagabihan ay hinanap ko ang maliit na salamin na binigay sa akin ni Elvira. That witch in the forest told me to used this if ever I need to communicate with her.

"What is the occasion tonight, Lady Edelwyse?" An image of Elvira's face appeared in the small mirror instead of my reflection.

"Is it possible to go back to the past?"

"Pfft-!"

"Did you just laugh?" My brow twitched.

"Sorry, but that's quite funny."

"Then what can I do to access someone's forgotten memory? Do you have the ability to do that?"

Saglit na nagisip si Elvira.

"It is quite risky, but we could try. Depends on who's memory are we going to enter." She flashed a wicked smile.