Part 10: Peace Was Never An Option

Crossahir's POV 

The squad was able to open the doors and as I came running up to Cody he turned his body towards me. 

Cody: "Direct shot down the barrel. Nice touch." 

Me: "They're moving in coordinated waves. There has to be a tactical droid giving them orders." 

Cody: "Then let's divide their forces." 

He turned to look at the two troopers next to us. 

Cody: "Wyler, Nova, you're with us. We'll take the north access. Team two, take the south." 

With that, we left towards the north access. Cody was leading as Nova and Wyler were behind him. I was at the back with my blaster ready. Coming inside the building Cody and Nova took two clankers down before we had our way up the stairs. 

As I was looking around for any enemy the doors behind me opened. I quickly turned around and pointed my blaster at a woman and a child. Cody next to me placed his blaster away. 

Cody: "It's okay. We're here to help." 

The woman gave us a disgusting look before she pulled the kid back and closed the doors. I looked at Cody. 

Cody: "Do you hear that?" 

At that moment there came a dorideka and shot Nova down. Wyler was able to jump to us just in time. Two clankers came on the ruff and began to shoot down at us. Cody, Wyler and I took cover as the dorideka came after us. I shot the two droids on the ruff down then I got the dordideka's attention so Cody could throw an electrical bomb at it shaking it.

Hearing more coming all three of us ran up the stairs and then threw the room where Doridekas could not follow us. Coming to the next room I threw an electrical bomb towards the clankers that were waiting on us. Getting them off line we stepped into the room and began to shoot at the cankers that were looking on the ruffs. 

Cody: "Find that tac droid yet?" 

I took my gun and looked threw it. At first, I didn't find him but then I saw something sparkling in the tower. 

Me: "It's in the bell tower, but I can't get a clear line of sight." 

Cody: "Well, let's remedy that." 

I nodded then I looked from behind the cover and took two more clancers down. The dorideka had a shield around it so I couldn't shoot right at it. I knew my own blast would kill me for sure. I looked at Wyler and nodded to him. He took out his granate and as he threw it towards the clanker and droid I shot the bomb and as it went off it killed both of them.  

As we went forward we came to the closed doors. Cody shoots at the lock opening the doors in front of him. Wyler and I followed him into the room. This was supposed the be the room where they kept General. But he wasn't here. Suddenly the battle droids jumped from the ceiling behind us and began to shoot towards us. 

I managed to hit three. But suddenly Wyler got shot and as he fell to the ground granitas around him began to go off. 

Cody: "Wyler!" 

Before the granatas went off I grabbed Cody and pulled him up the stairs. The explosion was big making the building shake. Cody and I needed to move up as more droids came after us. As Cody was taking care of those I was shooting at the dorids that were coming down the stairs. 

Cody: "Any ideas?" 

Me: "Just try and keep up." 

Taking out the mirror I threw it against the wall on my left and as it stuck on the wall I saw the perfect vision of the droids coming down. With one shoot I took both of them down at once. I began to go forwards and as I saw two more coming I threw another mirror against the wall. Shooting them in the head with one shoot I began to run up when I saw two more at the end of the stairs. I threw another mirror at the wall but just as I was about to shoot there came another dorid that jumped at me and knocked me off. 

I lost my balance and began to fall down the stairs. Cody blocked our fall but as he tried to help me get the droid off he was being attacked by another droid. The droid that was attacking me ripped the helmet off my head and picked me up. He began to shooke me against the wall. I tried to push him off but I didn't have any way to escape his grip. Cody was able to push his droid off him and then he killed him with his knife. 

Me: "Cody! Cody!" 

He stepped the droid two more times before he threw his knife at the droid that was holding me right to the head, killing it. My body hit the ground but I quickly began to pick myself up as caught left my mouth. Cody offered me my helmet back. 

Cody: "Hold tight. I'll take out the tac droid." 

Before he could leave I grabbed his hand stopping him. 

Me: "I can make the shot from here. Give me the line of sigh." 

I said as I let go of his hand which he wound another mirror. He nodded then as he left I picked myself up and then I picked up my blaster from the ground. 

Cody: "Two more are here. How far?" 

Me: "As far as you can." 

Blasts were here coming closer. I prepared my gun then as I looked right into the mirror I saw the reflection of another mirror. The second I saw my chance I pressed the trigger. My blast killed three droids and one tactical droid who had no idea what came at him. 

Me: "Nice throw." 

I said to Cody as I came next to him. He looked at me. 

Cody: "Nice shot." 

Together we stepped into the room where the General was supposed to be. 

Cody: "The Governor is not here. We need to tell the team to-" 

Voice: "There is no need for that." 

Looking past Cody I saw a woman pushing holding Governor Grotton hostage out of the dark corner of the room. Both Cody and I immediately pointed our weapons at her. I had a clear shot of her. 

 Grotton: "Do something!" 

Woman: "I'm Tawni Ames. The rightful governor." 

Cody: "We have official Imperial orders." 

Tawni: "Desix separated from the Republic years ago, Commander. We are an independent system. Once your government acknowledges this, Grotton and his soldiers will be handed over." 

She said as she stepped a little bit closer to us. 

Tawni: "Those are my terms." 

Cody: "We are not here to debate politics with you." 

Tawni: "If you did, you might see how unjust your actions are." 

Cody: "Your droid army attacked two Imperial convoys." 

Tawni: "We were defeating ourselves from a hostile occupation. Your forces are the only threat to my people." 

Cody: "We are not the enemy." 

Luna: "I'm not your enemy." 

Cody: "The Empire seeks to establish peace and order throughout the galaxy." 

Tawni: "Peace? There was a time when I believed in that. So much so, that my colleague Mina Bonteri and I put forth a treaty with separatist and Republic senators alike to end the war.  Your Supreme Chancellor rejected it. I realized then, that peace was never an option."