Part 18: Wookiee

Hunter's POV 

Opening the doors I stepped out of the Marauder with the team following my lead. 

Me: "Cid said that Vanguard Axis is notorious for illegal smuggling. So be ready for anything." 

I looked back at them. 

Me: "We will make the delivery. Luna, Echo. Guard the ship." 

Luna nodded then I turned around and began to make my way towards the doors of the base with Tech and Wrecker. Stepping into a hallway I approach a droid. The droid looked at me then he looked down at the monitor he was holding. 

Droid: "Proceed." 

He said as he showed us the way to the right. Wrecker, Tech, and I stepped into the room and approached the table behind which a droid was sitting with two droids next to him. 

Axis Leader: "You have the forgeries?" 

I looked back at Wrecker nodding him to approach. He did and showed the forgeries to the droid. 

Axis Leader: "We need to ascertain their viability." 

Tech: "That wouldn't be necessary. I created those chain codes myself. They will fool the Empire." 

Axis Leader: "Your assurance is meaningless. Check each one." 

From the corner of my eye, I saw more droids behind us. One approached Wrecker and after assuring him that it was okay he gave the credits to the droid. Placing the case on the table the droid began to check one by one. 

Luna's POV  

I was sitting on the stairs with my knees close to me as my hands were resting on my knees. Echo was standing next to me with his hands crossed. Both of us looked at the bird that brought a box to a new pile. 

Me: "There is something off about this place. I don't like it." 

Echo: "Yeah. Me either. But we aren't staying for long. I'll prepare the ship." 

He said as he walked past me up the stairs. Just as he left inside I heard clattering and growling. A howl was heard not a second after. What was that? It was like someone was in pain. I picked myself off the stairs and began to walk towards the sound. After coming into a hallway I stepped into a room and as I looked past the crate my eyes winded in shock. 

Two droids were shooking a Wookiee with electric sticks. 

Me: "Hey! Stop hurting him!" 

I said as I began to run towards them. The droids looked at me. 

Droid: "Halt, humanoid." 

Droid 2: "Do not interfere with Vanguard Axis business." 

At that moment the Wookiee stood up and jumped on the droid on his left. He pushed the droid down and took the electrical stick from his hand. Then he blocked the other droid that tried to attack him. He was able to push him back and electrocuted him. That other droid came at him. 

Me: "Stop!" 

I yelled and found myself using the Force pushing the droid back and hitting the wall hard. The Wookiee looked at me in shock. I just told him that I was Force-sensitive. Hearing more dorids coming I looked back at the wookiee. 

Me: "Come on. More are coming." 

He quickly followed me as I began to run between the creates. After passing some I looked back at the wookiee showing him to say quiet. Looking past the crate on my right I looked towards the doors which at that moment opened and two more dorids came walking threw it with blasters ready. 

I looked back towards Wookiee seeing that he was missing. Quickly I began to look for him but just as I stepped behind another crate I heard a droid steeping on the way I came from. I waited for him to pass then I began to look for Wookiee again. Suddenly a droid came right at me and pointed his blaster at me. I grabbed a hold of my blaster but before he could use his a mental stick was pointed at his head shaking him. 

It was the Wookiee who jumped on the droid holders and knocked him out. The Wookiee stood up and then he ran past me. 

Me: "Wait no." 

I ran after him and found him looking threw some crates for something. 

Me: "What are you doing?" 

Echo: "Luna? Luna let's go back to the ship." 

Looking past Wookiee I saw Echo stepping into the room as he was looking for me. The wookiee growled making Echo stop on his track. Before something could happen I stepped in front of Echo. 

Me: "It's okay. Don't worry he's a friend." 

The Wookiee turned around and began to run. 

Echo: "Who is this Luna?" 

Me: "The droids are after him. He needs help. Come on." 

I said before I began to run after the Wookiee. 

Hunter's POV 

The dorids just stopped looking at every credit in the box when the comm device in Axis Leader's hand began to beep. The moment Axis Leader answered the phone I could hear blasters going off. 

Droid: "We have a situation." 

Axis Leader looked up at us. 

Me: "Problem?" 

I asked even though I knew what that situation was about.  The Axis Leader walked around the table, past me, and left the room with his droids. 

Tech: "The cause of that blaster fire is either Luna or Echo. Most likely Luna." 

At that moment my comm device began to beep. I placed my hand on the call. 

Echo: "Hunter, we need backup now." 

A roar was heard after and I looked at Tech. 

Tech: "That was a Wookiee." 

Luna's POV 

Axis Leader: "What sort of teacher is this?" 

He asked as he approached us with his droids behind him. We were in the corner but there is no way I will let them hurt the Wookiee even more. 

Me: "I told your droids before to stay back."  

The droid showed his droids to approach us but suddenly a blaster fell to the ground. The droids looked to their right as we looked to our left to see Wrecker, Tech, and Hunter who shot the blaster out of the droid's hand. 

Hunter: "You heard her. Stay back. They are with us." 

Axis Leader: "I would advise you to take your soldiers and extricate yourself from the station."

Me: "So you can hurt him even more? No way." 

Axis Leader: "Oh, on the contrary. The Wookiee is worth a great deal to our buyer. Alive." 

Hunter: "You can't smuggle living beings." 

Axis Leader: "For the right price, I can do whatever I want. Now stand down or be destroyed."

At that moment I saw the Wookiee spreading his hands forwards and saw him using the Force. He was force-sensitive. Something was behind the Axis Leader's belt and it fell towards the Wookiee at great speed. Catching it he activated it and a beautiful green lightsaber was activated. A roar felt his mouth and Axis Leader shot towards him. The Wookiee blocked the attack and the shooting started. 

I was behind the crate with Echo on my right and Wookiee on my left. I was hooting at every droid that came close to us. After getting some of them down Wrecker came running at us with a box that was used as the shield from getting shot. Tech and Hunter came after him. 

Hunter: "Get on the ship!" 

I looked at Wookiee. 

Me: "Come on!" 

We all began to run towards the ship as more droids came. The moment all of us were on Tech quickly flew away from the station.