Part 34: Last Mission

Hunter's POV 

Cid: "Not sure what's got you all twisted up in knots." 

Luna: "We were stranded on that plant, Cid. We needed you and you left us." 

She said as she crossed her hands under her chest. 

Cid: "You're fine now, aren't you? And you got your ship back." 

Wrecker: "Yeah, with no help from you." 

Cid: "Do you wanna mope or make money? Because I got a tip on a downed ship, which means cargo for the taking. I'll even give you 30% of the cut." 

Tech: "That is our standard percentage." 

Cid: "All right. This one time, let's say 35%." 

She said as she looked at me thinking that I would agree with her. I said nothing as I kept my eyes focused on her and my hands crossed. 

Cid: "Okay, 40."

The moment she learned that we were back with Marauder she called us and wanted us to work. 

Cid: "Fine, 50% as a token of my goodwill, which you seem to have forgotten. I am sending you the intel now. Don't come back unless you scavenge something valuable." 

Me: "What makes you think we'd come back at all?" 

Cid: "Don't test me, Bandana. Just get it done." 

With that, she turned the call off. 

Tech: "Severing ties with Cid could be problematic, considering what she knows about us." 

Me: "She doesn't know what thing." 

I said as I took a seat and looked after Luna who stepped away from the monitor with Wrecker. 

Tech: "Right. Perhaps we choose a diplomatic solution and complete this one last mission for her." 

He said as he offered me his monitor. 

Me: "Cid only sent coordinates. No ship's transponders code or indication of what caused it to crash." 

Wrecker: "Limited intel. Huh. There's a surprise." 

He said as he came back to us. Luna came as well and offered me and Tech the bars. Both of them took it. 

Luna: "How card could scavenging cargo be?" 

A sight left my mouth as I looked at the floor in front of me. This wasn't what I planned for us. I know working for Cid brought us some credits. But this must be the last mission. 

Me: "Take us there Tech." 

He nodded and went to work. I picked myself up and walked to the room so I could get ready. 

Luna: "Hunter." 

I stopped just before I stepped into the room. I turned to look back at her. 

Me: "Yeah?"

Luna: "I...am..." 

She looked down at the ground. She looked nervous and didn't know what to say. 

Me: "Are you okay?" 

I asked as I took one step towards her. She quickly looks up at me. 

Luna: "Yeah, yeah. It's just that...I wanted to say something..." 

She removed her eyes away from me again. 

Me: "What is it?" 

Luna: "It's hard to say it. I...I like...."