Kiss and make up

It was six pm when you finally decided to make dinner, you've been working all week and haven't had time to treat yourself so you thought of making something nice.

You started by washing your hands under warm water, you looked at the raw meat on your counter thinking if you should make sweet or spicy chicken.

As you turned off the faucet and grabbed a paper towel you got a notification on your phone, when you checked you saw that it was a text message.

New message:

Clay: hey

You rolled your eyes at the message, it's the first time in a month since your ex, Clay has texted you and you didn't know why after the way he left things the last time you two spoke.

You: what do you want now?

Clay: don't get smart with me

You: I can do whatever the fuck I want

Clay: look at you already starting shit

You: really, what do you want?

Clay: your mom called me, told me you weren't yourself

You: I'm fine

Clay: she told me you were taking extra shifts at work, burning yourself out, not eating.

You: and you care why?

Clay: I don't fucking care, your mom is a pain in the ass

You: well block her, I said I'm fine.

Clay: what are you doing y/n?
Read 6:10

You ignored his texts, your relationship was so toxic when you two were together, always fighting and fixing it with angry sex.

He always texts you and checks up on you every once and a while and it often starts with fighting words and ends in dirty ones.

It seemed like sex was the temporary fix to your problems. He'd treat you like shit then you'd forgive him and accept his lazy apologies with open legs.

You both knew your relationship was unhealthy but you couldn't give up the skin to skin, something always shoved you two back together, closer than needed.

Your phone did not stop ringing with notifications, you snatched it off of the counter and read all of his messages.

Clay: don't leave me on read

Clay: I hate when you do that

Clay: You know what our fights lead to

Clay: you're a brat

Clay: look I just need to know you're okay

Clay : why are you over working yourself?

Clay : y/n omg

Clay: answer me

You: looks like you do have a heart

Clay: there she is, tell me what's going on or I'm coming over

You: NO, I don't need or want you here leave me alone

Clay: then tell me, what's wrong?

You: Can't a girl work for some extra cash?

Clay: I know you don't need the money, you're going to have to come up with a better lie than that

You: I do need the money you prick, not everyone is loaded with daddy's millions