Chapter 2: The Potters Who Lived

'Samaria  Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' he read turning the first page.

'The Potters Who lived' the Potter siblings groaned, Sirius put one arm around them, rubbing Sammy and the twins  arm soothingly, while Lani laying her head on his lap.

Ron sniggered at his best friend, honorary younger brother and sisters and they in return stuck out their tongue.

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.

'You're not welcome' said George coldly, remembering the bars on Sammy and her siblings' window.

They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.

Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large moustache.

'Beautiful' said Jackie in a sarcastic voice. Sammy, Jamie and Lani  giggled at their brother.

Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbours.

'Typical' thought Snape and Sammy bitterly. Unknowing they were sharing the same thoughts.

The Dursleys had a three years old son and two years old daughter called Dudley and Magdalena, in their opinion there was no finer children anywhere.

'What about Sammy?' smirked Neville innocently, while Jackie, Jamie, Lani and Maggie laughing.

'Hey! I may be in the boy's dorm! But that's uncalled for!' Sammy huffed crossing her arms.

'Whatever who's our champion at–'

'Keep reading Remus' Sammy said loudly covering over Neville's sentence blushing a red any Weasley would be proud of.

Ron too grinned and started laughing, Sammy  just glared at her friend who stopped immediately.

The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters.

Remus read angrily.

'There is nothing wrong with Potters!' snapped Sirius.

'We know Sirius' said Tonks looking at her cousin with a shut-it look. Malfoy smirked.

Mrs. Potter was Mrs. Dursley's younger sister, but they hadn't met for several years; in fact, Mrs. Dursley pretended she didn't have a sister,

'Well that's awful' said Mrs Weasley.

because her sister and her good-for-nothing husband were as unDursleyish

'Not a word' said Remus, Lani and Hermione together, causing their friends to laugh.

as it was possible to be. The Dursleys shuddered to think what the neighbours would say if the Potters arrived in the street. The Dursleys knew that the Potters had a three years old, daughter a two years old twins and three weeks old daughter, but they had never even seen the children. These children  was another good reason for keeping the Potters away; they didn't want Dudley and Magdalena  mixing with children that.

'Tough luck' muttered Sammy darkly.

When Mr. and Mrs. Dursley woke up on the dull, gray Tuesday our story starts, there was nothing about the cloudy sky outside to suggest that strange and mysterious things would soon be happening all over the country. Mr. Dursley hummed as he picked out his most boring tie for work, and Mrs. Dursley gossiped away happily as she wrestled a screaming Dudley into his high, while Magdalena patiently waiting for her food because of her brother's little temper tantrum.