Chapter 7: Framed? Guilty?

It was the next morning and the sun was strikingly hot. The twins woke up late as their dad was already cooking lunch. They get out of their rooms all drowsy and yawning. Marc spots them approaching him.

"Ya! Just because your workplace blew up, is that an excuse to wake up late?! Now eat, you two are so thin. I get out to work and buy you some good meat."

Marc says with his high-pitched voice. He sees his son using his phone and he adds.

"Van-Van! Don't use your phone while eating! Respect the food from your ancestors."

He nags Ivan while the kid is munching. Colette doses off on her brother's arm. Ivan thinks. Ah. This bitch is at it again. Ba, please stop talking. He then spots a news video and clicks it.

"Cole, check this out. Why are we in the news?"

She wakes up to his voice and almost bangs her head on the table.

"Ha. What's that?"

The family looked at Ivan's phone to watch the news. The news anchor speaks.

"Five adolescents brutally beheaded the infamous villain from Nebraska, 'Bomb Man'. Authorities did not want to reveal the identities but our mightiest hero, Morningstar, insisted on politely releasing it to the media. She wanted to use the media platform to enlighten juveniles to refrain from such heinous acts. They are identified as Travis Stacy, a nineteen-year-old from California. The eighteen-year-old twins, Ivan Yang, and Colette Yang. Both are immigrants from Asia, it was not specified which country was it. Another immigrant from Europe, Spencer Cooper, is eighteen years of age. And, Gracie Woods-Mercado is half-Spanish, and half-Scottish. The five used to go to Ember High during their high school years. They are now wanted for homicide. The CIA is now in search of them."

Marc cried in their native tongue as he caressed their faces. Ivan tries to comfort him.

"What is this? This is fake. Did you kill that bad guy?"

"Ba—"

"Is this true? No! No! I'm such a fool! My kids won't do that. You will never do that. We should sue whoever put this video up."

"Baba—"

"I'm here. Baba is here. I will protect you."

Colette gets teary-eyed and Ivan calms her. He held his sister's hand, causing a spark, and they were transported back to the dimension, the Cosmos.

They were floating and motionless. They felt the same feeling as the previous visitation but saw a blazing fire in a form of a lady. She was as tall as the Chrysler Building. She touched their foreheads and whispered softly.

"Ivan be one with water. Control all spiritual elements. Move faster than the speed of light, through time and dimensions. Inherit from him."

Ivan hyperventilated. The large woman continues.

"Colette be one with electricity. Be the bringer of life and death of universes. Your mind can control all limitations. Inherit from her."

Both returned to reality in one tick. They look at one another in confusion. Marc hugs them and cries out.

"I'm here. I'm here."

Colette breaks free from the hug. Marc walks around in circles. Multiple videos about them notify on Ivan's phone. Colette gets a glimpse of her phone to see the same thing. They receive hurtful comments and threats. Everyone as well as other heroes, sided with Morningstar.

"Baba, I am so, so confused as much as you are. We reassure you, we didn't do this. Cole can't even kill an ant. But what I'm not confused about is that I know how to make this right. We do. I feel something different about me. The cops will be here in a few minutes. Cole and I should go."

Ivan says slowly as he hugs their father again. Marc rubs tears off Colette's droopy eyes who was behind Ivan. He pats her head and looks at Ivan with pity. Marc was speechless as they got out of the apartment. They walk down the long and narrow staircase. An old lady from the ground floor recognizes them but they run pass her. As they exit the building a bicycle almost hit Colette. Ivan grabs her to save her as she is still perplexed.

"What the hell man! Watch where you're going!"

Ivan was displeased with the cyclist. The bicycle came back revealing Travis with Gracie and Spencer.

"Let's go losers. We're running from authorities."

Travis says in a cool way. Colette runs to Spencer and hops on the bike with him. She grabs his waist and rests her cheek on his back. He breathes roughly and asks her.

"Colette, I'm chuffed to have you with me. A question though, why me?"

"Aside from the fact that you have the best bike here. Shit looks expensive. I feel the safest with you. Do you mind if I dose off on your back?"

"I don't mind. Just hold me tight and enjoy the ride."

He whispers to the sleepy girl. Ivan glares at Spencer and Colette as he awkwardly rides with Gracie. The five rode away to the train station.