Chapter 20: Defeat

Morningstar vanished out of thin air bringing her sister with her. Colette roughly returns to reality. She wails with deep agony in Ivan's arms. Ivan is in utter anxiety as he tries to think of a plan. Spencer sobs to see her like that. Gracie glances at them but runs away. Travis panics and speaks.

"Hey! What happened? You and Morningstar. Dr. Mustafa mysteriously floated in the air. Colette?"

"She did it. She won. She did prevail. There are no more mutants."

She emotionlessly responds. She looks at the sky thinking about her mother. Spencer comforts her and caresses her hair. I have to do something. To make her feel better. He thought while sobbing. Ivan looks at everyone and screams.

"Shut up, everyone! Cole, it's going to be alright. What's with all the long faces?! We should look for Morningstar and stop her. Same with Rostenkowski who we dumped by the side. Why is everyone so sad!?"

Gracie runs back to them to confirm what Colette had just said.

"It's true. It's all gone. I have no powers. No one has."

"No! No. Not real."

Ivan rudely replies to her while holding his depressed sister. Gracie fights back.

"Don't be so stupid, curly. It's the sad truth. Accept it!"

"Gracie. Shut up. You're not helping. People cope in different ways to accept things— Ivan's in denial. Colette is heartbroken. Spencer sheds tears. You get angry and take drugs. While I sit in a corner, quietly. Okay?!"

"Fuck off, Travis!"

"You fuck off."

Travis said frankly and Gracie was bewildered. No one had any powers nor abilities, all over the world. Yves left the area in hopes to look for Stella. Mac quietly approached the kids. All was quiet since no one had any more hope inside them.

Bianca lands at a rumbled architecture, not so far off. People were terrified of her for she was bathed in blood. She drags her younger sister with her. Morningstar speaks to her in Arabic.

"Are you going to talk or not? Stella, hey! Are we just going to stand here and gaze into each other's eyes?"

"What am I supposed to say?"

"It's good to see you?"

"I don't want to waste time with a monster like you."

Stella scowls at her. Bianca slaps her powerfully. Due to this, Stella gets thrown far away due to the pressure. Bianca spits and rubs her hands to remove blood stains. She smiles through the blood all over her face and body.

"That's true. I am the monster."

She enunciates to herself. Stella ends up in a damaged car. She ponders to herself out loud, back in English.

"Why does she still have powers?!"

Bianca leaves her and walks around the city. Civilians were frightened to see her. She looks at them with loathing and merrily says.

"Hey, everyone! It's me Morningstar!"

No one was happy to see her.

"Bianca. What have you done?"

A loud voice of a woman taunts her mind. She looks around to find no one there. She then gets transported to an unfamiliar place. Different deafening sounds fill her ears.

"What do you need!?"

Morningstar angrily asks the voice.

The woman does not respond verbally. She answers with abrupt stabs to her. Bianca gets pushed back by her. She was repeatedly sliced and pierced. She vomits blood and her healing factor slows down. She fails to heal. The floor starts to blaze as it emits suffocating smoke.