023 System

On the hotel surveillance screens, a large number of men in black could be seen converging on Reno's location from various directions.

No matter how Reno changed his direction, he found the men in black getting closer and closer.

Keller sat leisurely in a corner of the hotel, watching the changing targets on the screen. Occasionally, he would send the latest location to his teammates and hum a casual tune.

Suddenly, he felt something and looked up, seeing Clarice still standing there, watching him.

"Why haven't you left yet?" Keller was surprised.

Clarice crossed her arms. "I'm free, right? I don't need you to tell me what to do!"

Keller shook his head. "You're foolish to think I don't know what you're concerned about. But it's useless. He'll be caught soon."

"Or maybe you'll let him escape again," Clarice retorted without reservation.

"Want to watch our show? You'll be disappointed. We're professionals," Keller scoffed.

"Professionals dealing with their own people? What did he do to deserve such a manhunt?" Clarice pressed.

"That's none of your business, woman," Keller replied bluntly.

A man in black had already reached the corridor where Reno was, blocking his path from the front.

Keller's face broke into a smirk as he imagined Reno's despair being cornered.

But then, something astonishing happened.

He saw Reno continue to charge forward while the man in black seemed oblivious, looking instead at his own terminal with confusion.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Keller shouted.

The black-clad figure in the footage responded, "Damn it, Keller, you gave me the target's location on this corridor, but why isn't he here?"

"What are you talking about? He just ran past you!" Keller yelled.

"Are you kidding me? I didn't see anything," the black-clad figure replied.

Before Keller could respond, he saw two more men in black arrive at Reno's location. Like the first, they paid no attention to Reno passing by. One of them stood right on Reno's path, but Reno walked past him without flinching.

He walked past!

Keller felt like someone had squeezed his heart as he grabbed his hair in disbelief. "Oh, my God!"

Then he saw Reno still running, and a group of people including the small mustache gathering, but Reno, like a ghost, passed through them and continued running down the hotel corridor.

"What's going on?" The small mustache watched Reno's mark pass by on the terminal, angrily questioning.

Keller trembled as he replied, "It's a hologram. He pre-recorded his escape route. I fell for it!"

"But that means he had to upload the footage of himself to your light brain beforehand, so it could synchronize with our actions. How did he do that? Damn it, that guy's a mech commander, not a hacker!" The small mustache cursed angrily.

Keller fumbled with the light brain, shaking his head. "I don't know. I'm looking, but I haven't found any traces of intrusion!"

"Professional..." Clarice scoffed. She wasn't surprised by what was happening; after all, Reno had told her the name of the hotel himself.

At that moment, the small mustache suddenly realized something and said, "Maybe he didn't hack into your light brain? Keller, think from a different angle? Maybe he didn't infiltrate you."