052 Retreat (Part Two)

A fleet of hummingbird shuttlecraft appeared in the distant sky, numbering at least fifty from the looks of it.

Hummingbird shuttles weren't large; each could only transport around twenty soldiers and didn't boast strong firepower. However, they were equipped with electromagnetic cannons.

The destructive power of electromagnetic cannons wasn't formidable, but the shockwaves they emitted could affect the instruments of mechs, rendering them paralyzed, making them somewhat of a mech killer. Coupled with some anti-mech infantry cannons, they were enough to destroy a mech squad.

The appearance of this shuttle fleet, rotating in firing electromagnetic cannons, was enough to keep Stark pinned to the ground without taking a step.

"Stark, execute Plan B and leave immediately!" Reno shouted to Stark upon seeing the approaching fleet of shuttles.

"Plan B?" Stark hesitated for a moment. "Are you sure? Perhaps we can try to eliminate them, using that..."

"No, it's not the time yet. I command you to retreat immediately!" Reno replied firmly.

"...Alright, I got it. Damn it, these guys came really fast!" Stark replied reluctantly.

The once formidable fiery mech swiftly turned and ran behind a building.

Arriving behind the building, Stark quickly manipulated the console, then called out, "AI, take over the battle, execute the escape program!"

"Firegod Six, understood. Taking over the battle, searching for targets, executing combat orders..."

As the mechanized electronic voice of the mech's AI echoed, a stream of data flowed from the mech's observation screen.

At the same time, Stark's position began to descend, entering an ejection pod.

A cold iron coffin enveloped Stark, ejecting him from the mech like a cannonball, flying towards the direction of the hospital with a bang, crashing heavily onto the hospital grounds.

The ejection pod opened, and Stark emerged from inside.

"Hey, buddy!" Tekos rushed over and gave Stark an excited bear hug.

"Alright, enough chit-chat, let's leave here quickly," Reno ordered loudly.

Just then, a person flew over from a distance.

Running and shouting, "Johnny Reno, you untrustworthy bastard! You can't ditch me and leave on your own."

"Hill?" Reno looked surprised at the approaching figure; it was Mr. Hill, the starship investigator.

He was riding a possibly stolen airship, flying over all the way, angrily yelling at Reno.

Reno glanced at Stark. "I remember telling you to find a hotel to accommodate him."

Stark shrugged. "I did, but I forgot to throw in a punch to make his sleep more sound."

"..." Reno was speechless.

Except for combat, Stark wasn't reliable in anything else.

Russell Hill charged over aggressively, but before he could get close, Stark knocked him down with a punch—he finally made up for the punch he forgot.

"What should we do with this guy, boss?" Stark asked.

"We can't leave him here; it's too dangerous. Take him with us," Reno sighed.

"Got it!" Stark already had Hill in the car.

"Everyone, leave here immediately!" With Reno's final shout, the remaining soldiers quickly boarded the flying vehicles, which soared into the distance.