|Chapter Thirty-Two|

I turn abruptly, and I'm met with Noah's soft, kind eyes. Tears spring to my eyes before I throw myself into his arms, and he envelopes me. Noah presses kisses to the top of my head while he holds me. People rush around us, cars honk, but no one can see us.

"How..?" I ask, peering up at him.

"I know the truth now," he whispers in my ear.

"They said I couldn't see you," I shake my head, still holding onto him. I never wanted to let go of him ever again.

Noah presses his lips to mine, I sink into him, pressing against him harder. I can't get close enough, being here with him feels like coming home. I feel like I can breathe for the first time in days. Noah lifts me, and my legs automatically go around his waist.

"I love you, Noah," I gasp when we pull away. "I love you so much, I can't go back there without you. Your face is in my new home, but your energy and your warmth aren't there. I miss you so much I want to stop existing."

"You don't have to go back there without me, angel, I'm never leaving your side. Not until the end of time."

I press my lips to his again, softer this time, and Noah places my feet back on the ground. Wordlessly, Noah takes my hand and transports us back to the Blue. The Creator is waiting for us, his fingers woven with Gabe's.

"You have wings now, angel," Noah nudges me. I turn to him and tentatively reach behind me, I can feel the silky down of my own feathers. "They're the ice blue of my favorite eye."

"I guess I really am your angel now," I smile at him.

A large smile splits Gabe's face and he pulls away from the Creator to embrace Noah. Tears spring to my eyes watching their exchange. Noah's large form shakes with emotion as he hugs his brother. I'm surprised by Noah's wings, I hadn't seen them in so long. And yet, they're different now. The top half were still a dark charcoal, but the bottom half was a pristine white.

I lock eyes with the Creator for a moment, it would still take some time, but maybe they're not as bad as I had assumed. Maybe Noah's feelings weren't worth as much as Gabe's life. Even his time in the Abyss, maybe everything did have to happen this way.

However, I was going to be mad about the riddles and the Abyss a little while longer. But I had an eternity to get over it. It didn't have to be right now.

"Does this mean Michael and Uriel have been dealt with?" I as the Creator while Noah and Gabe continue to hug.

"Yes, they're in the Abyss where they belong," they say gravely, "Death isn't enough for their sins. Briar, why don't we let them have some privacy? I have one last thing to discuss with you."

I nod and the four of us walk back to the palace. Noah squeezes my hand when the Creator and I leave Noah and Gabe in the sitting room. I'm led into an office of sorts, everything here is blue and velvet, but there's not desk and computer like an office would have.

"I know you will have to come to terms with accepting me, and I promise I will leave you to sort out your feelings after today," they say pointedly and I nod, "I do want to let you know that your biological family is here, you can meet them if you wish to."

"I- I... I thought my father was a demon," I stutter, because I don't know what to do with the information I've been given.

The Creator lets out a loud chuckle, "technically, he was. Not all creatures of the Abyss end up there. Your father was murdered by an angel, it gave him the opportunity to live here. It was all need to know because of Uriel, but he chose to be here with your mother."