Chapter 1: A Fairy Tail mission

As Ruby sifts through the many missions on the notice board, she questions herself on what mission she and her sister should take. She would adjust her glasses, which was a nervous gesture of hers, and would continuously scan all the details she could about each mission, but alas, she would sigh to herself.

 She would adjust her glasses, which was a nervous gesture of hers, and would continuously scan all the details she could about each mission, but alas, she would sigh to herself

She would grab the main three missions that caught her attention, bringing them over to the table that her and her sister were sitting at. Her sister's name was Nixy, and she just so happened to be as indecisive as Ruby was. But this time it was technically Ruby's turn to choose.

Ruby: "Alright, these are the main ones that stood out to me

Ruby: "Alright, these are the main ones that stood out to me. I couldn't really pick some of the other ones, cause a good bit of them were A and B ranked missions."

Her sister would give her a big smile, and Ruby instantly responded.

Ruby: "No."

Nixy: "Oh come ooon Ruby, pleeeease. All we ever do are the safer missions. Don't you ever wanna try something a bit more exciting. We could see so many cool creatures! So many beautiful places!"

Ruby would give her sister a shake of the head.

Ruby: "No Nixy. It's to dangerous. And besides, there are plenty of books that can satisfy you with that kind of stuff."

Nixy would pout, crossing her arms to show her disappointment.

Nixy: "Books are great and all, but I'd rather see the world."

As the girls would have this very common debate of theirs, an elderly woman with dark blue hair tied into low pigtails, would maker her way over to the edge of their table. Her name was Wendy Marvell, and she was the current leader of the guild

Wendy: "Now now you two, settle yourselves down."

Wendy was kind, and gentle. She was nurturing as well as humble. And she was someone that the girls greatly looked up to. She would look in Ruby's direction. Each word she spoke, was told with the sound of wisdom.

Wendy: "Ruby, I understand that you feel a need to protect your sister since the incident, but maybe now would be a good time to explore things for yourself as well. Battle new creatures. Find friends along the way."