Chapter 2: The Earthly Dragon Slayer

As the three friends rode a train to their destination, Ruby would read one of her favorite books. The story was about a powerful knight, that grew from poverty, and eventually became king. In the process of him being King, he ended up falling in love with a peasant girl, that had long white hair and red eyes. The king never truly had any full descriptions on how his appearance was, only how strong he was as a person. And often times you would find her reading this book in particular.

While she would read, Nixy would be rubbing Nexis's back to try and comfort him as best she could. As it turns out, he had extremely bad motion sickness, primarily with vehicles.

Nixy: "It will be okay. Just try to take slow breaths."

His face was blue, and he looked like he was practically dying, but as he lay motionless, he would attempt to take Nixy's advice, taking slow breaths as instructed. His head would fall onto Nixy's shoulder, and she would smile, becoming a bit flustered. Ruby would peak up from her book. Seeing the two would make her smile discretely to herself, and she would grab a bag that was brought with them, pulling out a container of water. Then she would hand it over to her sister.

Ruby: "Maybe this will help the idiot feel better."

Nixy: "Oh, thanks."

Nixy would then open the container, and let him drink from it gradually. But no matter how much water he drank, he still looked completely dead.

Nixy: "You poor thing."

Ruby: "I think the correct term is, poor idiot."

Nixy: "Oh stop it Ruby, he's trying his best."

Ruby: "I can tell by all the drooling."

Nixy would sigh, and give her sister a look that said "seriously". And in response, Ruby would stick her tongue out at Nixy in a playful manner. The two would then laugh to themselves. And after a long while on the train, they would finally get off of it, giving Nexis his capability to stand.

Nexis: "I'm freeee!! Finally back to normal land! Also, I am not an idiot Ruby!"

Ruby: "Yes you are."

Nexis: "Maybe for Nixy, and when it comes to geography, but other than that I can be smart too!!"

Nixy would blush from this.

Ruby: "... Right... Anyways let's go."

Nexis: "Hey, hey wait, I wasn't finished talking."

Ruby: "Are you ever."

They would start to make their way up a hill that was covered with trees and all types of brush and greenery. And as they walked, Nexis would drag along the wheeled cage that they brought for their journey. While he did that, Ruby would track the location of the Phoenix, and Nixy would grab any herbs she could find; most were ones that she had never seen before, while others were eatable ones with good healthy properties. She would also be sure to take plenty of photos of the sceneries that they would pass by.

It would take them a day to finally make it to the spot that this mysterious Phoenix was meant to be at. And it would take time to find one. They are extremely difficult creatures to track, even with their very obvious flames. But Ruby was determined to find this beast.

Nexis: "Are we their yet!?"

Nixy: "I assume we should be. We've been on the road for a while now. We can't really afford to camp out again since we're getting low on rations."

Ruby: "Well if we have to, then we can try to fish for something or hunt. It can't be helped. "

Nexis: "That sounds great!! I'm starving!"