Chapter 6: Festivities

As Ruby and Nixy prepared themselves, they would take turns in the bathroom, doing their make-up and putting on their costumes. Once they were dressed up in their attire, they would both start working on Sayuki's make-up. Sayuki wasn't used to wearing anything super girly. She was always to embarrassed to do so, but Ruby and Nixy had insisted otherwise.

Ruby: "Try staying still honey."

Ruby would say, as she focused on doing her eyeliner. Sayuki in turn, would do her best to not move. Nixy on the other hand, was trying to find a good enough color when it came to the eye shadow.

Nixy: "Should we pick a softer color, or maybe something a bit heavy?"

Ruby: "hmm?"

Ruby would finish up with the liner, then lightly hold Sayuki's chin, getting a good look at her features. But this would make her feel quite embarrassed. She was so unused to people focusing so intently on her. Her cheeks would turn a soft red, and her tail would wag from her nervousness.

Ruby: "Let's try something softer."

Nixy: "How about this purple?"

Ruby: "That's perfect. You can put that on her, and I'll go pick a good gloss or lipstick."

Ruby would stand from her chair, and go back into the restroom, and Nixy would work on her eye shadow. It was a lavender type of color. Not to dark but not to light either.

Nixy: "Damn. We probably should have done the shadow first."

Ruby: "Yeah, I thought so too."

She would say from the bathroom. Ruby would make her way back, with a light pink lip gloss in hand. Nixy would finish up her work, then Ruby would do the final touches, and spread the gloss onto her lips.

Ruby: "Now do this."

Ruby would rub her lips together from left to right, and Sayuki would mimic her motion. Then Ruby would separate her lips, making a sort of popping sound, and Wendy would follow suit.

Ruby: "All done, hehe."

With all their work finished, Sayuki would stand from her chair, and walk over to the mirror at the desk. She seemed astounded by how different she looked. She would smile, and small tears would form at the corners of her eyes.

Sayuki: "I've never looked so pretty before."

Nixy: "Oh, that's not true."

Ruby: "Indeed, you look plenty beautiful without it."

Sayuki's smile would soon fade though.

Nixy: "What's the matter?"

Sayuki: "I... Don't have anything to wear."

Ruby and Nixy would look at one another, and then ponder for a moment. They hadn't really thought about the outfit part just yet, but then, Nixy had an idea.

Nixy: "Oh wait! Do you still have that outfit you used to wear as a kid?"

Ruby would smile.

Ruby: "How could I forget about that."

She would leave for her room quickly, to search for the costume she loved so dearly as a child. And as they finished up getting ready, meanwhile, the boys would be at the guild, doing what boys do.

Nexis: Alright! Who wants to arm wrestle me now!?

Aussie: "Geez, are you gonna ask everyone in the guild?"

At this festival, people are free to dress up as anything they want. Nexis had decided to dress up as a zombie for the occasion, and he went all out with it.