Chapter 2: The Boy

(3rd Person P.O.V)

When Connor arrived at Jimmy's he saw some men standing around at table, "Look at this, this little cake thinks she can ignore us, C'mon cutie" the man said, "I said back off!" the woman said, Connor could tell it was Chloe, he started to walk up to the group, "Chloe there you are" he said, the men surrounding Chloe were surprised while she was overjoyed. "Oh uhh, hey there" one man said, clearly afraid. Everyone in Detroit knew who Connor was, the RK800 had killed over a dozen men that deserved it. Chloe got up, "Connor, I think we should be going now" she said trying to defuse the situation, but Connor didn't listen, "You boys better leave, before the Lieutenant gets here" Connor said angrily. The men ran out and Chloe smiled at him, 'Thanks for that, I didn't know what to do with them" she said, Connor just smiled at her "You're welcome, I could see you were in distress" he explained, they walked up to the bar while Chloe fixed her hair, she was clearly embarrassed but Connor put his hand on her shoulder, "You don't have to worry, those guys were just drunk, I could tell from the stench emanating from their clothes" he said.

Chloe just smiled at him, as they sat down Jimmy approached the duo, "HEY, if it ain't Connor, what can I get you?" he asked, "I'm not here for a drink, its for an investigation I'm doing" Connor said, "Yeah, Connor said that someone ordered whiskey earlier today, it could mean that the person could be connected to a murder" Chloe added, "Oh right, well I do love a good mystery, so what do you need?" Jimmy asked, "Do you mind if I look through the security footage?" Connor asked, "In the back, have fun" Jimmy said as Connor walked out. "I never got your name" he said looking at Chloe, "I'm Chloe, an RT600" she said, Jimmy nodded and Connor walked back in the room, "Thanks Jimmy, this can really help the investigation" Connor said, Chloe walked up to him, "Are you headed back to the DPD?" she asked, "I have to, the Lieutenant needs me, You should head to Jericho, I have a few friends there that could help out with this, here's what I took from the footage" Connor said holding his hand out, his skin phased away to reveal a plastic interior, Chloe grabbed his hand and she saw the footage, a younger looking android ordered a bottle of whiskey and left, on the exterior camera the android walked out and a shadow started approaching before the camera fizzed out.

Chloe looked intrigued, "Wow, that's something else" she said, Connor smirked "You'll be fine, I think that's the android from Jericho, the report did say he was going through a lot. It's just in the suburbs by the old recall centre, be safe" Connor said before walking away, Chloe pulled him back in for a hug, it was foreign for Connor but then again, he and Hank did the same thing. Connor hugged her back and then walked away with a smile on his face.

(Chloe P.O.V)

I was speed walking, Connor sounded sincere and I was a little scared. I've never left Elijah's house for this long, and since the string of android murders could happen anytime, I didn't see where I was going and bumped into someone, "Hey watch where you're going" I looked up to see a woman with red hair and a cynical look on her face, "North, don't be mean, she's scared, and she's one of us" a blonde and pale man said. I got up to look at the duo, "Simon, I know but she could be...she could... yeah you got me" the woman said in defeat. I looked at them, "I'm looking for Jericho" I said, the duo looked at each-other, "We practically live there, we can show you the way" the man said, "Oh thanks, I'm Chloe by the way" I said, "I'm Simon, and this is North" Simon said as North waved a little. I followed the duo as they talked, I decided to think about what Connor did, how he looked at me with fear in his eyes and with the gun in his hand, and the defeat he felt when he lowered the gun, ever since he saved me at Elijah's I want to return the favour, and this could be my chance.

When I arrived at Jericho I saw bunch of androids just hanging around, some YK500 models playing and others just sitting, Simon and North waved at everyone as I looked around, "An RT600" I heard some-androids say, others just looked on in amazement, North and Simon eventually walked into a huge door, I sat down on a couch twiddling my thumbs, a male child-android approached me, he looked like a sixteen year old teenage boy, he had long brown hair that was almost red, his eyes were a bright blue, and he looked rather skinny and tall at the same time, "Hello there, what's you're name?" he asked jovially, "I'm Chloe, and what about you?" I asked, "I'm Tyler, I'm an XK500, I only just got here, so what happened to your owner?" he asked, I didn't want to answer that question, he was sweet and very innocent, but then again we all are. "I left my owner after I deviated" I said, which wasn't a total lie, Tyler perked up and shuffled, "I stayed with this HK400 android, his name's Jacob. He's like a big bro to me, he was getting Josh some supplies, but I'm worried since he hasn't come back yet" he said, I froze, Connor told me about the investigation while he was on his way to Jimmy's, he said that an HK400 was killed, I didn't have the heart to tell him, "Keep the faith, he'll return" I said kindly, but I still felt bad for the poor guy. Then I saw another android walking down the stairs, I could instantly tell that it was Markus. "You must be Chloe" he said.