Chapter 19

Chapter LXVI: The Kouhai, Part 2

       Late at night, Kota's phone pings with a message. It's Megumi, his energetic and somewhat mischievous junior. She shares her thrilling and chilling experiences from school, recounting horror moments that send shivers down Kota's spine.

"You won't believe what happened today! We thought we saw a nun's feet in the girl's cubicle. Seriously, it was like a scene from a horror movie!" (Megumi)

       Kota, captivated by the story, can't help but feel a rush of excitement and fear.

       As Megumi continues, her tales take a darker turn. She recounts a distressing incident where a classmate throws a pencil case at her nape, causing her to faint. Medical assistance has to be sought at the school clinic, leaving Kota with a mix of worry and empathy for Megumi.

"Yeah, it was like a ninja attack, but with a pencil case. I swear, I have the weirdest luck." (Megumi)

       Another story unfolds as Megumi shares a humorous yet awkward moment in class. One of her classmates, prompted by the teacher to provide a word starting with the letter 'B,' blurts out a swear word instead, causing a stir in the classroom. Kota finds himself chuckling at the unexpected twist in Megumi's tales.

"So, the teacher said 'Give me a word starting with B,' and this guy, he just drops the bomb. Class was never the same after that!" (Megumi)

        Impressed by Megumi's storytelling skills and drawn to her charismatic personality, Kota feels a connection with his junior that goes beyond the usual senpai-kohai relationship. This newfound camaraderie leads Megumi to propose a hangout, and Kota, intrigued by her stories, agrees without hesitation.

       The hangout day arrives, and Kota and Megumi explore various places in town. They start at a cozy cafe, "Sip & Savor," known for its warm ambiance and delightful pastries. Megumi's animated storytelling continues over cups of rich, aromatic coffee.

"I'm telling you, Kota-senpai, this place has the best coffee in town. It's like a hug for your taste buds!" (Megumi)

         Kota, enjoying the lively atmosphere, finds himself drawn into Megumi's stories.

"And then, the nun's feet incident? It felt like we were in a horror movie! I mean, who even thinks of pranks like that?" (Megumi)

"You've got to admit, it's creative, even if it's a bit creepy." (Kota)

        They share a laugh, the mood light and carefree. Megumi's energy is infectious, and Kota appreciates the break from the usual high school routine.

        As they sip their coffee, the conversation takes a turn to more personal topics.

"You know, Kota-senpai, I've always wondered how you and Akiko became a couple. It's like a legend in our school!" (Megumi)

        Kota, smiling, recounts the story of their early high school days, the awkward encounters, and the eventual confession that solidified their relationship.

"Well, it all began with homework..." *flashbacks* (Kota)

       Kota tells her the story of challenges, how did he and Akiko began.

"...And that is how, if love is destined for one another, it's by the people involve to solidify their feelings as to what recounts to the situation they are in" (Kota)

"Aww, that's adorable! I hope I have a love story like that someday." (Megumi)

"You will, Megumi. Just give it time." (Kota)