The switch

�𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫!! - 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐀, 𝐄𝐃, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞!!

It's officially been 3 weeks since the shootout with Selby. My shoulder is healed but it still hurts now and then but nothing a cop can't handle. I fill my cup of with coffee sipping it while waiting for Matteo to get ready.

"Teo come on you're gonna be late!" I say. He comes out of his room slinging his backpack across his back groaning and eating the breakfast I put out for him.

"Damon's gonna pick you up from school today so don't take the bus." I say to Matteo and he looks at me confused. "Why is he here?" "He's our brother Teo he doesn't need a reason to be here." I say laughing.

"Yeah I guess." He says mumbling with food in his mouth. "Teo close your mouth." "Sorry." He says and I mumble a it's fine before he washes off his plate and we leave to get in the car.

"So what you doing today?" He says causing me to raise a brow. "Why?" I say questioning.

"Well I have a football game today and I hoped that you would come." He says as he fiddles with his thumbs.

"I'll make sure I can be there." I say with a smile and he gives me a real toothy smile along with a hug. "Thank you so much muffin." He says calling me by my childhood nickname.

"Anytime bee."

~

"Everyone have a seat. Today is a special day for our rookies. 'Cause today we switch things up. That's right. Everybody gets a new training officer." Grey announces causing a small but audible groan from West.

"Nolan, you'll be riding with Officer Cole. West, you'll be riding with Officer Bradford. And Chen, you'll be with Bishop. But learning how to navigate a new T.O. is not your only challenge. By the end of next shift, I expect every rookie to uncover something personal about their training officer, something they don't want you to know. This will be a test of your investigative instincts and your fortitude. Best insight will win a day off. Worst one handles Saturday night cavity searches. That's it. Good luck." Grey says and the crowd of officers quickly disburse.

~