'What if' Vegeta was the one who Killed Buu?

This story is one tragic one but it brings closure to a man who was first a Killer....but then began to be a Hero. To protect his family and save the world.

World Martial Arts Tournament: Early Afternoon

Vegeta was given a great gift of power, Power that could only be obtained by selling his soul to the devil himself. But this devil was in the form of a wizard named Babidi, who sought out to revive Majin Buu. And in order to do so, he needs to gather a required amount of energy. Having found darkness in Vegeta's heart, he would make him into his Mindless Puppet and force Goku to fight him.

"BABIDI! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME. TAKE ME AND VEGETA TO A PLACE WHERE NO ONE ELSE CAN GET HURT. DO THAT...AND I'LL FIGHT VEGETA!" The Saiyan shouted up in the sky knowing that the wizard could hear him. Vegeta smirked as he was finally getting the match he was always waiting for. No outsiders, No rules, Just him, Goku and his sweet victory.

Wasteland: Mid Afternoon

Vegeta and Goku were both panting from the amount of Energy they put into this fight that they didn't know they were helping Babidi revive Buu. It was when Goku stopped the fight as he senses Buu's energy.
"Wait! Vegeta, Do you feel that enormous energy?" He asked as Vegeta began to sense it as well and gasped a bit on the inside.
"There's no mistaking it, That's Majin Buu." Goku said but Vegeta on the other hand was stubborn to let this fight end like this.
"Stop getting Distracted Kakarot!" Vegeta shouted.

"No Vegeta! Don't you see what we've been doing? This senseless fight was nothing but fuel for Majin Buu's Awakening. It's our fault for continuing this and now we have to fix this." Goku explained as Vegeta growled softly and looked at himself and then back at Goku.
"Fine..."
"H-Huh?" Goku was confused to Vegeta's demeanor.
"Our fight can wait. Let's go take care of Majin Buu." Vegeta said which made Goku smile and nod before turning his back on him and getting out the Senzu Beans for them to eat. However Vegeta had different plans; Knocking him out and taking the one bean for himself while heading over to Buu's location.

"I'm the one responsible for this so I shall see to it that Majin Buu is dealt with." Vegeta said to himself out loud while flying as fast as he could.
'And then once I'm finished with him, we'll finish our match once and for all Kakarot.' He said mentally to himself.

Timeskip to the end of the battle

Vegeta had took more than a beating from Majin Buu, his fast recovery abilities and how he was getting stronger and stronger by the second. This couldn't be the end of Vegeta. As he was embracing for Buu's next attack, it didn't came as his son, Trunks and Goku's son, Goten kicked Buu and helped Vegeta up.
"Tr-Trunks?" Vegeta said before little trunks smiled in joy.
"Dad! You're okay! We're here to help!" Trunks said and Goten nodded as he agreed with Trunks. However Vegeta had another plan different from his son's.

"Trunks....I want you to listen to me very carefully." He started, getting Trunks attention.
"You need to get as far away from here as possible."
"What!? Are you crazy? I'm not gonna leave you here. We can take him Dad! Come on!" Trunks begged.
"Yeah. We have the advantage in numbers!" Goten added.
"Sometimes numbers don't work. Not on opponents like him." Vegeta said before he walked up to Trunks and pulled him in for a hug.

"D-Dad? What are you doing?" Trunks asked.
"I'm doing something....that I wish I could've done to you when you were a baby.... I'm glad I have this chance now." He said smiling softly. Trunks blushed a bit in embarrassment while Goten sucked on his thumb minding his own business.
"Trunks....Your mother needs you...to protect her...do that for me..." Vegeta said softly as tears from his right eye were streaming down his face and a drop of tear hit Trunk's head. Before Trunks could say anything, he felt the sharpest pain on his neck to make him go unconscious and out of his Super Saiyan form.
"Wh-Why did you do that!? Why'd you hurt Trunks!?" Goten asked as he was wondering what was wrong with Vegeta. However he too fell unconscious as Vegeta knocked him out as well.

"Piccolo, You can come out now." Vegeta said as the Namekian did so, coming out from hiding.
"Take the boys and get as far away as you can." Vegeta said and Piccolo silently nodded picking up the boys on each arm.
"Before you go....Answer me this, Will I be able to see Kakarot in the afterlife?" Vegeta asked.
"I'm gonna be honest with you, with all that Goku has done, all the choices he made, they were acts of selflessness. He's lived his life as a pure hearted soul. You on the other hand Vegeta, lived your life of evil, killing those without showing mercy, ruthless and most of your choices were acts of Selfishness. When you die, you won't be able to get your body back.... you'll be a soul to the depths of Hell." Piccolo said and Vegeta hummed and nodded.
"I understand....A shame we couldn't finish our fight...but I think it's for the best...Thank you Piccolo, now go!" Vegeta said as Piccolo left and Majin Buu was getting ready to go after him.

"Wait! Majin Buu!"
"Ehh!?" Buu turned to Vegeta to see him talking to him.
"You'll have to go through me if you want to get to him. So come on and Fight me! YOU BRAIN DEAD BALLOON!" He shouted and Buu began to let some steam out of his body and shout back at Vegeta.
"YOU SAY MEAN THINGS EVEN THOUGH YOU WEAK! BUU REALLY MAD!" Buu said as he gets ready to fight Vegeta one last time but Vegeta once again had another plan up his sleeve. He began to power up and his power continued to rise and rise as a golden sphere like barrier was around him.
"I know how to get rid of you for good....This time... I'LL KEEP YOU FROM COMING BACK THIS TIME! EVEN IF IT COSTS ME MY LIFE!" Vegeta shouted before Buu opened his eyes and he sees that he was slowly getting vaporized.

'This is farewell....Bulma....Trunks...
And Yes...You too Kakarot......' With his Final thoughts, Vegeta began to create a Super powerful Explosion that would expand and expand making a great explosion that would kill Buu AND Babidi who was severely hurt from Piccolo earlier. Buu shouted in pain as he was being blown away to nothing.
"OOOOOUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

"I-Impossible! I....I WAS GONNA RULE THIS WORLD!" Babidi said before he too was killed from Vegeta's Final Explosion. Once the explosion died down, Vegeta's body was the only thing left but he was stone. With the wind blowing that stoned Vegeta was nothing but dust.

Epilogue:

This marks the 3 year since the Incident with Majin Buu and the World Martial Arts Tournament. Trunks, now a Matured Teen has been helping Bulma around the house and the two would find peace. However their moments of peace would be interrupted when they heard their front door open and Bulma's Mother shouting in Joy. This got the two to run to the front of the house only to see the man they both loved and missed. Vegeta was standing in front of them with a halo around his head and he had a small smile on his face.

"F-Father?" Trunks said and Bulma walked to him touching his face to make sure he was real and not a ghost. Indeed he was real as he held his wife's hand and kept it to his face. Tears came out of Bulma's face and she hugged Vegeta tightly like she didn't want to let go. Trunks did the same and the three would have their moments with Vegeta.

THE END.

NEXT TIME: GOKU NEVER HAD THE HEART VIRUS!