chapter 1

The one thing Katsuki Bakugo hated about being a hero—well, there was more than fucking one thing but this was at the top—dispatchers.

At some point, the Commission decided he needed his own personal dispatcher instead of someone new every single day he worked.

If only that fucking worked.

Katsuki was the number one hero and didn’t have time for bullshit. Some cried when he snapped. Some snapped back and others didn’t answer. It was the fifteenth one he lost this month and that’s why Aizawa was sitting in front of him in his office.

The Commission was out of options.

No one wanted to be Ground Zero’s dispatcher even with a big pay raise.

“Bakugo, the last thing I want to see is you having to step down as a hero because you can’t play nice with the dispatchers.” The blonde scowled instantly earning him a tired look. “Now the Commission has informed me that this is your last dispatcher. I’ve heard nothing but good things and he was even Endeavor's dispatcher.” Aizawa gave him an exhausted look. “You need to get it together.”

Katsuki scuffed, crossing his arms over his chest. “Fine. But if I don’t like him, he can go fuck himself.”

“I’m serious. The Commission doesn’t care how good of a hero you are, they will take your license and give your rank to Todoroki if you don’t knock this brat attitude off.” He stood from the chair, sighing again. “I know I’ve taught you better than this.”

With that, the underground hero left.

Katsuki glared at the door, grinding his molars together. Stupid fuckers trying to control him! He was the great Ground Zero! It wasn’t his damn fault the damn dispatchers couldn’t listen and do their damn job. Sure as hell wasn’t his damn job to do their job!

“Knock, knock!” Kirishima poked his head in, “Aizawa looked extra tired when he was leaving.”

“The dumb commission is threatening my career because I can’t keep a damn dispatcher.” Katsuki gritted out. He wiped his sweaty palms on his pants. “Fucking stupid.”

The redhead shrugged and took the chair Aizawa once sat in, “I mean, man, you make a lot of them cry. A lot of dispatchers are scared shitless of you.”

“They should do their damn job!” He snapped.

“And they do. You don’t give them more than two seconds to find it before you’re bitching.” Kirishima shook his head, cutting him off for him to continue. “Bro, I love ya man and I understand where you are coming from but you gotta remember they aren’t in the field. They are in front of the computer waiting to assist you.”

The blonde let out a huge sigh, “I’ll fucking try... I guess. No really other choice since the fucking fuckers are gunning for my license.”

“That’s the spirit, bro! Now come on! Let’s go get some ramen!”

-------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, he suited up and put his comms in his ear. Here goes fucking nothing. He tapped the button the device in his ear. “Oi!” Not the best approach but he needed to start off strong.

“Go for Deku, sunshine.”

He blinked out at the nickname before scowling, “Who the fuck are you calling sunshine?!” Also why does this guy’s voice sound... cute.

“Ah, Ground Zero! It’s my pleasure to serve you!” He could hear the bright ass smile in his voice. “My name is Deku and I’m your dispatcher—final dispatcher, I might add.” Deku laughed lightly, “Now, no time to waste! You are needed for a wellness check on sweet Ms. Yuki!~”