chapter 2

Deku! Incoming!”

Ah. Music to his ears.

Izuku watched the green flash of light dance across the screen indicating an incoming call. Tapping the accept button on his phone, he gave a quick glance to the phone number and area code from the caller, “Musutafu Dispatch, what is the nature of your emergency?”

Silence greeted him.

Instantly his fingers glided across the keyboard as he began to trace the call for a location. “My name is Deku.” Tilting his head, he used his finger to press the earpiece closer to his ear. Give him anything. A breath, a whimper, a tap. Anything. “If you can hear me, press a button on the phone.”

..

.

Beep!

A small relief washed over him and he looked over to his third computer screen. Izuku was the only one with three screens at his personal request. The computer screen popped a box up with an address and names of the residents. One name stuck out to him, sending a punch to his heart.

Willow

“Is your name Willow?” Jesus! What the hell happening to the six year old for her to call EMS and not talk! Beep “Good job! Listen, I’m going to talk to my very cool hero friend and I’ll be right back, sweetie. Don’t hang up, kay?” Izuku looked over at the first screen and tapped into the hero’s coms. “Hey doll face.”

“What’s up, baby cakes?” Ugh that deep brash voice sent shivers down his spine but unfortunately, he was a man on a mission.

“I have a six year old girl named Willow on the line and she can’t talk. Her address is 147 Hallaway Lane in district four on the edge of district five. Would you pretty please do a wellness check for me, my love?”

Katsuki tsked under his breath, “You got it, baby.” That man has really changed over the last few months, not only were they partners but boyfriends too. Izuku has been pretty much living at Katsuki’s place and it’s been absolute heaven. Fuck! It was his wildest dream to date the blonde angry Ground Zero.

And he was... well, until he tells Katsuki he’s quirkless so there’s that.

Izuku tapped back to the line with Willow, “Hey sweetie! I have my big strong hero friend coming to you.” He said cheerfully, “Are you alone in the home?” Silence. “Is your parents' home?” Silence. Hmm... Izuku pushed his black rim glasses up his nose, staring at the screen. “Is there a stranger in the home?”

Beep!

Tapping back over his Katsuki’s coms, he spoke with pure seriousness. The hero always knew when to take him seriously or flirt back. “Ground Zero, there is a stranger in the home with Willow.” His fingers typed along the keys as he pulled up the street view of the house and the blue print. “Two story house. If I had to take a guess I’d say the room on the north wall, third window in was Willow’s room.

“The house has many big windows,” He mumbled, barely loud enough for Katsuki to hear him. “If this was a robbery, why would they pick this house? In the middle of the day?”

“What am I doing, Deku?”

“Standby!” He flipped back to Willow and moved his eyes to his second screen. “Willow, baby, I need you to try and tell me why you’re hiding. Ground Zero is almost there.”

A tiny whimper echoed through his ear, “M-Man... hurt m-mommy.”

Izuku pushed down all the worry for the little girl and focused on doing his job. The job he did best. “Is this man a friend of mommy or daddy?”