Chapter 6

Izuku’s eyes went comically wide as Katsuki Bakugo’s mother stomped over to him in pure rage. She stopped only with enough room to bend slightly at the waist, placing her hands firmly on her hips. Her nose almost brushed against his, stilling his breath as her breath fogged the edge of his glasses.

“I won’t ask again! What the hell are you doing in my son’s room!”

He swallowed thickly, licking his dry lips. “My Izuku is name—” Fuck him up the ass without lube! “M-My name is Izuku Midoriya... I’m uh—” He was going to piss his pants at this rate!

Dark scarlet eyes stared into his soul, burning him from the inside out. Holy shit! Here people thought Katsuki was scary, but his mom took that trophy from him easily. “So, you think you can just sneak into my son’s room and what!?” She shouted with such anger that droplets of spit hit his cheek. “Are you some crazy fan!? What do you want with my son!?”

“I-I—” Now he was going to pee his pants.

“You must be Deku.” The brunette said, interrupting as he placed a hand on his wife’s shoulder. “Katsuki has told me all about you.”

The woman whirled on him, “What the fuck!?”

“Dear, this is his boyfriend.” This man was in his graces now.

“Kats told you he was dating and didn’t tell me?! When I see that brat, I’m going to strangle him twice over!”

“He had his reasons. The last time we spoke he said something about inviting us out to dinner next week so it was probably when we would officially meet Deku.” Katsuki’s father turned to him, offering him a warm smile. “I’m Masaru and this is my wife Mitsuki. I’m sorry we had to meet under such circumstances.”

Izuku plastered the brightest smile he could muster on his lips, “It’s okay! I-It was probably weird seeing a stranger in your son’s hospital room on the high level of security floor!”

No sass, Izuku! Keep it light and cheerful!

Mitsuki stared at him for a long moment, “How did my son find someone made with pure sunshine?” She grabbed his wrist and yanked him into her arms. When was the last time he had a hug from a motherly figure? His mom died when he was a toddler, so it’s always been just him and dad, but this felt like gooey chocolate.

In fact, he could hold back the urge to nuzzle his face into her shoulder, ignoring the sharp pinch from his glasses on his nose. The arms tightened around him instantly. “Now I want to know everything about you, sunshine.”

This woman had a soft side just like her son.

Izuku spilled his life to his boyfriend’s parents. He went in to how he was born here but moved to America after his mother’s death. He came back here to stay with a nanny while his dad worked as the top hero in America until he was eighteen. He didn’t mind living with a nanny. Dad always said it was saver after...

Glancing down at his scarred arms, he grimaced. Being kidnapped and tortured was no fun at the age of nine. Though the age of ten wasn’t any better.

Mitsuki gently petted his curls—the same way Katsuki did to calm him down—and hummed lightly, “So you got my brat in check. What made you want to become a dispatcher?”

“One day I met Mirko.” He smiled at the memory. “I was eighteen, fresh out of high school and trying to figure out what to do with my life since... being a hero was out of the question. I saw her in the middle of battle, screaming her head off at her dispatcher. The building was about to come down on to a hospital due to a villain.