Chapter 4

“Alright, hot stuff, I have to disconnect and go to another hero.”

Katsuki grumbled something under his breath, “Why do you have to pull a double!? You should just leave and come home!” He complained. Again.

Izuku laughed with a roll of his eyes. This has been going on for over twenty minutes, thank goodness he told his boyfriend earlier so he wouldn’t be late for the next shift. “Because someone is sick and they covered me last week when I was.” There was something about the way Katsuki called his apartment home and it made him undeniably happy. “Plus, my sweet blasty boy, I was requested by my boss to work tonight.”

“I’m still fucking salty about it, baby.”

“I know, Kachan and I will come over once I’m off using the key you gave me to break into your apartment and snuggle you.” He smiled down at the stupid picture Katsuki slammed down in his hand this morning. Last night they took a lot of silly photos in bed and the blonde must have a photo printer because one of the photos Katsuki instantly sent to himself was put in his hand this morning which he then had to promise to put it on his desk.

100% it was just for Shinso to see the sappy love between them.

“I love you, baby cakes.” Katsuki grumbled, still pouting.

Izuku smiled even bigger, “I love you too, grumpy.” He hung up the call and took a ten minute break to grab a large cup of coffee to go with the rest of his lunch he didn’t finish. Night shift wasn’t too bad. The only issue was that he sometimes got stuck with a hero that complained the entire damn night or worse, the ones that fell asleep on the job.

Walking back to his desk, he set the mug down on his Red Riot themed coaster and the bento box in the empty space to his left. Damn. Izuku’s eyes fell on the flashing purple light that was for hero to dispatcher. Izuku plopped down in his chair and slipped on his headset, pressing the button at the same time.

“Talk dirty to me.”

“Excuse me?”

Oh. Oh fuck. Oh no! Izuku stared at the screen waiting for the punch line but one never came. Somehow, he needed to fix this ASAP before something happens. Clearing his throat, he straightened his back against his chair. “Good evening, I’m Deku and I will be your dispatcher for tonight!”

Oh my god! Someone kill me now!

Normally, it was someone from War Zone—usually Chargebolt—but he was horribly mistaken. Kiss his career goodbye! Maybe he could take Endeavor’s offer to burn him to a crisp. Yeah... that could work.

“Deku... you know that means useless, right?”

Great. Another one. “Yes, sir, I’m aware but it’s easier to call myself useless first then wipe the smirk off their face when I save their ass.”

A sigh echoed through his headset. “That’s not logically but I’m too tired to care. I asked the coordinator for the best and that must be you.”

Izuku beamed at the praise. It might not sound logically but in the end it worked. He was the best. “Why yes, sir! I have helped many heroes and did my very best. Endeavor was a pain in the butt but I handled him nicely. I even got the big bad Ground Zero to turn it around!”

There was a long pause before the tired voice spoke, “So you are the last resort dispatcher.”

“I’m the one that doesn’t put up with BS and gets my job done.” He laughed softly, “I’m also a bit sassy so I do apologize for the way I answered the phone.”

“And Ground Zero lets you talk to him like that?” The hero asked a little surprised.

“Well, that cupcake doesn’t let me do anything. I just do it and he puts up with it.” He sighed happily. “He’s spicy piece of angry goodness.”