[ 𝟒 ] : 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

Ruby had accidentally fell asleep on the couch of the Greens family home

Ruby had accidentally fell asleep on the couch of the Greens family home. She rubbed her tired eyes and yawned going through her head everything that happened the day before.

Lori had hopped off the horse with Maggie right bedside her. Rick was still waiting for Shane and Otis. Carl was still unconscious and the rest of the group was probably still on the highway.

She felt almost guilty being in a warm house while they were sleeping in an uncomfortable RV. She looked out of the window and saw it was pitch black outside.

She saw a short figure sitting on a chair. Maggie. She figured. The girl made her way over to Carls room seeing Patricia , Lori , Rick and Hershel all sitting in chairs.

She saw Maggie walk in with Glenn and T-Dog. Ruby's eyebrows clenched together in confusion and she turned her head over to Carl.

Hershel went on to explain that if Shane and Otis didn't get back soon they'd have to do the original operation which Carl is likely to die.

Lori got upset and walked out Rick right on her trail as Ruby took Rick's spot. Her eyes averted to Carls slow breathing.

Hershel and Patricia stepped out as they saw the girl wanted to say something to the unconscious boy.

"I think it's my fault." Said Ruby in a low whisper. "I should've seen the guy behind the deer. And dude my hand was inside of you." Ruby said her hands going over to her sides slightly wanting to gag.

"Uhm well tomorrow's my birthday. I'm turning 11." Ruby said smiling slightly. "And I think I made a new friend , her names Beth. She's 16. She said she might make me a cupcake." Finished Ruby smiling wider.

Ruby sighed and stood up making her way over to the closed door. She looked back at the unconscious figure in-front of her and walked out.

                                         ⇩

Lori and Rick sat in a corner just outside of Carls room. A rough cough alerted the adults and the young girl he was awake.

Lori was first to emerge into the room as she looked back at Rick walking in. ruby was watching from the door frame.

Carl looked frightened as he breathed heavily. "Where are we?" He asked as he slightly squirmed.

"It's Hershel. We're in his house. You- you had an accident." Stated Rick. "It hurts a lot." Carl rambled as he panted in pain.

Ruby looked at Carl and the two made eye contact as she slightly smiled at him. He smiled back in pain as he returned his smile to his mother.

He went on to explain how beautiful the deer was as he slowly stopped taking and Ruby turned to Hershel as he roughly started to shake.

Her eyes widened as she couldn't take them away from the boys shaking figure. "It's a seizure. He has to just go through it." Hershel explained.

Lori sobbed into Rick's arms as he slowly stopped shaking. "His Brain isn't getting enough blood. His pressure is bottoming he needs another blood transfusion." Hershel explained examining Carls face.

"I'm ready." Rick volunteered sticking his arm out so Hershel could take his blood.

"No you can't. If he takes more of your blood you'll go into a coma. Or even cardiac arrest." Ruby said explaining to Rick.

The man seemed to ignore her statement and she rolled her eyes at the man.

"Do it." Rick said. Not even hesitating to save his son and give him his blood.

                                      ⇩

Ruby walked out of the room looking out of the window to see Maggie and Glenn talking. She smiled at the sight seeing Glenn slightly nervous around Maggie.

Rick was talking to Lori about the deer. Lori was very emotional, Shane and Otis weren't back yet and things for Carl were looking slim.

Ruby sat down on a chair Glenn was sitting on earlier. She had slightly faded away to a deep sleep that was needed but a loud thud shook her awake.

The girl groaned and slammed her fist onto a table beside the chair as Maggie and Glenn rushed in worry on their faces.

"What's wrong?" Asked Maggie bending down to Ruby's level. "i'm tired." ruby said. she shook her head. she rested her head on her hand and closed her eyes trying to go to sleep again. maggie patted her knee and stood up.

"C'mere I have a room for you." Maggie said. Making Ruby quickly look at her with pleading eyes. She knew she would be able to sleep ok tonight.

The slight excitement of Beth's words bubbled into her head. It had been a long time since she ate a cupcake. She really wanted one.

Maggie lead her to a room and the door said 'Maggie' with a green heart on it. "You can sleep in here tonight. Make yourself cozy." Maggie said a small smile on her face.

"Thank you." Ruby said muffled as she hugged Maggie. "You're welcome sweetie." Maggie replied back slightly laughing.

                                     ⇩

Ruby's eyes fluttered open as the gaps of sunlight shined into the room. She looked around and saw Maggie asleep on the floor.

She sighed and tip toed over to the door slipping on her black converse. Ruby made her way over to the stairs and looked down to hear many people chattering outside.

"Mornin'" Said Ruby as she walked out to see the whole group receiving each other. Most of the adults looked at her and smiled.

"What?" Asked Ruby. "Happy birthday." Said a young female voice from behind her. She turned to see Beth holding a cupcake with a candle stuck in it.

Ruby's smile took over her face as she bubbled in excitement. "Thank you!" Ruby shrieked in excitement. Beth gave her a nod and took out a lighter leading Ruby inside.

"Blow your candle and make a wish!" Said Beth happiness laced in her voice. "Happy birthday Ruby." Said Rick putting a hand on her should and smiling at her.

She was now 11 , 11 years old , 11 years of life.

___________

my baby's eleven 🥹🥹. i like this chapter is cute

words :: 1027