Krishna's Promise and help

Mandakini POV-

I couldn't believe it. In a few hours, my life had changed drastically. My heart cried. Dushyant didn't turn up for the wedding, and I was scared, not about all the talk people would talk behind my back, but about something that would happen to me if I remained unmarried because of my run away groom, something Hukumsa hinted at. The next couple of hours were a blur for me, I didn't remember much, out of everything, the only thing that was engrained in my head was her eyes, they held something in them.....an untold pain, some truth.....she was hiding from everyone, countless emotions behind those dark orbs. But the way she looked at me....it was different.....

I sighed. Now I was seated on her.....OUR bed in her....OUR room. It hit me....it was our first night. I shivered at the thought, I didn't know what to do. Some of my friends just told me to lie down and let your partner do whatever they want, but what would they do? No one said. I was scared, she was immensely intimidating, I had never been alone in her presence, yet the aura she had was powerful. But she was always kind and gentle with me, the way she talked to me, addressed me, everything.... That calmed me a little, still, I was scared. I sat on the bed in my bridal attire, anticipating her.....what would she do? That thought frightened me and my toes curled into the mattress. I heard footsteps nearing the room.....

I fixed my pallu so as to completely cover my face and looked down. I heard her coming in.....I couldn't see a thing.....so I waited for her to make a move. I heard her closing and latching the door. My heart raced. I could hear her intimidating steps..... Approaching the bed. I gripped my hands tightly on each other. I felt the mattress getting heavy, she sat down infront of me, just a few feet away. Through my almost concealed pallu, I could see one of her wrists balled..... Tightly. I could make out a trace of faint veins on the upper side of her palm, through the dimly lit room. As I was watching..... That hand moved from there and gently held my pallu, my breath hitched.

She gently lifted my pallu.....and placed it tenderly on my head. I kept my head down. For some reason.....I felt extremely timid to meet her gaze. She immediately retrieved her hand from my pallu, maintaining a distance. I kept my gaze fixed on my knees, which I had drawn to my chest. A silence fell between us. I could feel her eyes on me.....I felt my cheeks burning up.... After what felt like an eternity.....she spoke

Mandakini.....she called my name softly, my eyes fluttered hearing my name from her..... But I didn't lift my gaze....I had talked to her a few times before.... But now, our equation had changed.....I was her wife now......She interrupted my flow of thoughts with her tender voice again....

Mandakini....hamari taraf dekhiye.....she spoke tenderly, with a hint of authority. I felt goosebumps on my skin, I raised my lashes to look at her....slowly....and for the first time.....I had a proper look at her ......I noticed things I hadn't when we generally talked....

She had a square face....with a chiseled jaw line....her face was adorned with a sharp nose. She had narrow eyes....with black orbs....which were boring intensely into mine. She had perfectly line eyebrows.....and a mole a little above the left eyebrow. My eyes wandered down her defined cheeks to her lips, they were neither thin, nor thick....just about the perfect size. Her neck was slender.... supporting her beautiful face. She looked so masculine.....at the same time..... feminine too....

My eyes made their way to hers. They were looking at me intently.... intensely.....and yet..... softly. I fluttered my eyes.... looking anywhere but her deep orbs.....she let me look at her face intently.

Mandakini..... She called and I slowly looked at her. Her expressions had softened. Her face held a strange expression..... There was a tinge of sadness in it....I questioned her with my look ......