Aapka hamare upar sampoorn adhikaar hai, Mandakini

Krishna POV -

My eyes fluttered open at the faint sound of bangles. I was asleep on my side, hand under my head. The moment I tried to move my head, my neck felt stiff, I was unable to move it without pain. I held my nape in my palm, kneading it gently, trying to relieve some pain, but failing miserably. My vision became clear. My eyes shot open at once, witnessing the beauty infront of me.

Mandakini stood infront of the mirror, clad in red. She wore a red saree with a low back blouse. She looked she had just taken a bath, because she she was lightly drying her long, damp hair, looking at herself in the mirror, lost in thought. She had a small red bindi in between her eyebrows. As I had requested, she had worn the small ring like nose ring. She looked like an absolute goddess. My eyes wandered at her back, with every move she made to dry herself, her back moved sensually....I felt new emotions arise in me....What was happening to me.....My eyes wandered lower, the saree was loosely clung to her waist, giving me a hint of her waist chain clad waist. She looked so ethereal like this......I had this sudden urge to slide my fingers along the contours of her waist.....

Areee....uth gaye aap? she looked at me through the mirror with a hint of blush on her cheeks.

Shit, did she see me checking her out!!, I lowered my eyes....With the help of my right hand, I got up and sat on the couch, groaning because of my sore neck. Aap theek toh hai na?, she looked concerned at my painful groan, asked facing me. 

I smiled at her concern and stood up, Haa, I'm completely fine. Are you fine? Did you sleep properly? I asked concerned. Her life had changed drastically, so it was natural for her to get adjusted to her new life. 

Ji, I did. But are you okay, Hukumsa? It must have been uncomfortable to sleep on the couch, she said with a tinge of guilt. My neck was really sore, but I didn't want her to get upset over it, otherwise she was sure to pressure me into swapping the couch with her.

Yes Mandakini, I'm absolutely fine, but It's so early in the morning, It's only 6 in the morning, why are you ready so early in the morning? The sun is peeking at the horizon now I asked her inquisitively.

Ji, I'm used to waking up and getting ready early in the morning. I always did back in my village, so I'm used to it. Moreover...this is my sasural so Ma has instructed me to wake up early in the morning and get started in the work here. she said softly..... delicately sliding a few damp hair in front of her face....behind her ear timidly. My heart fluttered seeing her like this. She looked so delicate and beautiful.....precious. I must be staring shamelessly at her....because she fluttered her eyes nervously. 

I sighed and bent my head down, smiling. But there is no need for you to work here. There are a lot of servants in this house. They will take care of the work, you just need to direct them...there is no need for you to work, I informed her. She looked at me with those innocent eyes and shook her head in a no and I frowned.

Nahi hukumsa.....Aapki patni hone ke naate, mera farz hai, aapko apne haaton se bhojan khilane ka. Aur sevak hai toh kya hua, hum toh sabkeliye bhojan banasakte hai na.....her words were so sincere. A small smile formed on my lips listening to her. She looked at me....smiled softly and continued...Vaise bhi....agar ghar ke sab log ek saath rahe....toh ghar mandir ban jaata hai.

My eyes softened looking at her. She was so pure and innocent. I prayed in Mahadev to keep her this way....never be tarnished by the evils around her.

Bilkul banasakti hai aap. Aapke haathon ka swaad khane keliye hum betaab hai, I confessed and she smiled. Aur waise bhi...farz nahi....Aapka hamare upar sampoorn adhikaar hai, Mandakini.....Har baat par. Keval aapka, kisi aur ki nahi, I declared. Her eyes held an unknown emotion....glazed. 

She turned towards the mirror and whispered, Hum tayyar hojate hai, Hukumsa. Neeche jaakar naashta tayyar karte hai. I nodded and stood my ground, kept looking at her as she started drying her hair, gathering her hairs to her left. I kept staring at her shamelessly. 

I could make out a pink blush forming on her cheeks. She kept glancing at me timidly and finally asked in a low voice, Aa...aap...aise kya dekh rahe hai...Hukum?

Apni patni ko. Kyon? Nahin dekh sakte? I teased her, smirking. She bit her lower lip and my eyes fixated on her frame. She lowered her gaze and smiled.

N....Nahi....Aisi.....koi.....she looked flustered. I laughed lightly at her reaction. Calm down, I was just teasing you. She looked at me and smiled softly. I went and sat on the couch. I looked at her get ready. She wore a ring on each of her hands, jhumkas in her ear. She combed her hair delicately, braiding it and placing it delicately on her left shoulder. 

Looking at her get ready, I couldn't believe she was my wife now. This beautiful, innocent, soft girl was my wife. She was pure, I took a resolution to never let any of the world's vices harm her. I wow to protect her from any and all sort of dangers. She was my responsibility. I had to fulfil it...at any cost.

I shook out of my revere hearing a drawer being pulled, She took out a small box and opened it. It was Sindhoor. Wait Mandakini....I got up, stopping her before she dipped her finger into it.

I stood infront of her. She looked confused. Jaise aapka mujhpe adhikaar hai....waise hamara bhi aap par adhikaar hai....haina? I asked her delicately.

Ji..haan, she replied looking into my eyes.

Toh ussi adhikkar ke naate aapki anumati maang sakte hai?, I asked her looking earnestly at her.

Kaisi anumati, Hukumsa? she enquired. 

Kya aap mujhe har roz, apne maang mein sindhoor bharne dogi, har subah? I requested.

A relief washed over her face. She smiled delicately and said, Jab adhikaar ho, toh uss adhikaar ko jatane ke liye anumati nahi maangte hukum. She said and I was surprised by her response. We had equal rights on each other, she put in in such simple words, I was astonished. I smiled at her response.

I took the small box from her hand, took the sindoor in my fingers and filled her maang with the sindhoor of my name. She had closed her eyes, lost in the feeling. I stared at her for a few moments, I had to pinch myself that she was my wife and was actually standing in front of me.

Mandakini....I softly called her out. She opened her heavy lashes and bored into my dark orbs, as if looking at my soul, Aap bohot sundar lag rahi hai. Thank you for wearing the nose ring. She smiled and put a few stray strands behind her ear timidly. This action of hers would get addictive.

Also....can you wear a saree all the time. You look really beautiful in it. But only if you want to, don't feel obligated to do it, I clarified.

Ji. I like wearing saree. I will wear them. You like them....I'll wear them definitely. I smiled at her response.

I gave way to her and she reached and opened the door and turned towards me and said, Please get ready and come down. I'll prepare the breakfast and keep it ready.

Sure. It's your pehli rasoi right? I'll be there. She left the room and I laid down on the bed, replaying in my mind how my life had changed in the past 24 hours. 

I got up and took a bath and changed into a fresh pair of dhoti and kurta, but my neck was still sore. I kneaded them with my hands and made my way down to the dining hall.