Chapter 6

⋆˚ఎ ☆ ໒˚⋆ 

Arina doesn't like making a big fuss over her birthday.

Her moms are usually working so they celebrate a day early with her favorite strawberry cupcakes and a small present that usually has to do with poetry or space. She likes it though, as it's small and intimate with her family.

Taylor likes making a fuss over her girlfriend, which simultaneously means that she couldn't just not give her one of the best birthdays- which soon after her own birthday on December thirteenth, she learned is on April 17th- ever as it's the first one in which she will officially be Arinas girlfriend during the celebration.

So when Mrs and Mrs Patel tell her they're planning a small dinner and would like to know if she'd be there, she was quick to say yes. She'd already made plans to spend the morning and afternoon with Arina, and she'd truly love to spend the entire day with her.

Austin says he wishes they have a good day and won't be going, and Taylor has to watch as Arina looks at her phone once a hour to see if the boy ever texted.

"Okay well if you're going to constantly tell me about the hot hockey coach, the least you could do is let me simp over her too." Taylor complains for the 1000th time, making Arina laugh as she ties up her brother's skates.

He's grinning, rambling on about Coach Camila, his junior league hockey coach who Arina has deemed, "the hottest woman ever besides Angelina Jolie and my girlfriend."

Her mothers were hesitant when the Swifts first offered to pay for Parker's hockey team payments after Arina mentioned the Patels couldn't, but Taylor has easily persuaded her.

So he joined a team, and since her moms were busy, she had gone to his first practice with him.

Then, Camila Davis showed up. She's a single mother of two young kids and way too old for both Taylor and Arina, but she's so funny and pretty.

When Arina voiced this to her girlfriend, the girl was both jealous and intrigued, so she sternly announced that she would go to the next practice to see for herself.

Now, as she looks at the woman skating around the rink bubbling with joyful laughter, a group of kids chasing after her, she truly just can't see it.

"She's not that pretty. I don't get it."

Arina sighs, playfully rolling her eyes as she waves at her brother when he passes by her.

"Yes she is. But trust me, she's not as pretty as you."

The blonde smirks, leaning back on the bleacher with her arms crossed over her chest. "Oh trust me darlin. I know."

"Oh and you're humble too." Arina says, sarcasm laced in her words before she leans back as well to lean her head on Taylors shoulder.

They stare at the ceiling with the sounds of Coach Camila shouting out orders and the kids skating around on the ice.

This is nice, and both girls decide they want to stay this way forever.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

After that, Taylor takes both Arina and Parker to the thrift store downtown her girlfriend has been talking about a lot recently, announcing that she'll buy anything the siblings wanted.

Parker had immediately run off to the toy section, but Arina lingered near Taylor with a serious expression.

"That's okay Tay. I don't want you to spend money on us. I'm happy to just spend the day with you."