The Big D |Part 3|

Finals season ends almost as fast as it started, and Jungkook has a lot of new free time to enjoy. Of course, his friends drag him to a party to celebrate and drink until they puke, but he manages to escape while everyone is distracted watching an intense match of beer pong. Jungkook couldn't possibly be less interested in it.

The only thing that occupies his mind at the moment is the promise he made to Taehyung.

"Wait until your finals are over," Taehyung said while stroking Jungkook's hair as the boy nuzzled against his thigh, "Then give me a call."

"I will," Taehyung replied.

So there Jungkook is, at 11 pm, still holding a red plastic cup in one hand and standing outside of the house, typing Taehyung's number on his phone. He hopes he's still awake. He takes a sip of his beer while he waits. Luckily for him, the call connects.

"Hello?" comes Taehyung's voice from the other side of the line. He sounds tired, almost like he's panting.

Jungkook frowns. "Hello, Dr. Kim," he greets him coldly. "I hope I'm not interrupting something."

Taehyung represses a chuckle, looking at the dead body in front of him. "Not at all, dear Jungkook," he lies, "the phone was downstairs and I ran to answer it, that's all." He drops the knife he's holding and leaves it on the table. "I'm happy to hear from you, I gather you're done with your finals?"

Jungkook hums, not completely believing his excuse. "Yes, I'm a free man," he replies.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" Taehyung asks, not sounding accusatory, merely curious.

"I have the day off," Jungkook says. "My friends took the opportunity to drag me to a party," he explains.

"I can't hear music in the background," Taehyung says. "Have you run away?" he adds, amused.

"More or less, I'm outside," Jungkook replies. A pause, then, "you told me to call you when I was done with my exams."

"Indeed I did," Taehyung says. He's out of the basement now, and he turns on the speaker to keep speaking with Jungkook as he washes his hands.

"I was thinking maybe you could pick me up?" Jungkook suggest, almost shy, scared of being rejected. "Take me to my place or yours? Stay the night?"

Taehyung smiles. "That's an amazing idea, Jungkook. If you send me an address, I'll gladly pick you up." If it turns out that Jungkook is too inebriated, he'll drive him home and tuck him to bed. If not then...

"Excellent, great." Taehyung can hear the relief in Jungkook's voice. "I'll text you. See you soon."

"See you soon."

It takes Taehyung fifteen minutes to arrive. By the time he does, Jin has come outside to smoke and is trying to coerce Jungkook to head back inside.

"You know how much I hate parties, Hyung, I'm not going back in there," Jungkook is saying. Taehyung is driving with his windows down so he can hear them as he parks.

"Don't be like that, Jungkook, Eunwoo is here as well!" he tells him. "Didn't you tell me you've been dying to hook up with him again? Now's your chance!" He notices the Bentley that has just parked in front of them and frowns. "Who's that?"

Jungkook turns around and smiles, relieved. "My ride," he replies, walking towards the car.

"What? Your ride? Jungkook? Where are you going? Who's this man? What-" Jin's questions go unanswered.

"I'll see you at class." Jungkook waves at him and disappears inside the car. "Please drive," he tells Taehyung.

"Good evening, Jungkook," the man greets him, finding his demand a bit rude, but still complies.