Chapter Four.

M I L A ♡ 

Applying the classic red lipstick onto my lips, perfectly complementing my skin tone, I then set it down and take a step back to admire my reflection in the full-length mirror. My hands lightly move across my waist as I admire the stunning emerald green sequin fringe bodycon dress that hugs my curves in all the right places. The gold embellished rhinestone 4" high heels, adorned with delicate butterfly detailing, add a touch of whimsy to the outfit, and my red hair is left open, styled with soft curls that cascade down my back. 

Just then, a familiar brunette walks into the room, catching my attention. "Gurrrrl, you are the gorgeous person I have ever seen!" she exclaims, with a playful tease in her voice, then adds with a mischievous grin, "Promise me, Mil, if you find a guy tonight, you'll have the time of your life. Okay? You deserve a man who knows your worth." 

Playfully, she winks. 

Her cheekiness makes me burst into laughter along with her. I then roll my eyes, shaking my head. "Come on, the night has started. We must get going." 

"Cool. Let me grab my purse." 

That's right, folks! We made it to the weekend, and it's time to let loose and have some fun! As for me, I survived my first week at my new office, but now all I want to do is curl up with a tub of chocolate chip ice cream and binge-watch Gilmore Girls. 

Unfortunately, Jennie has other plans. 

She's always up for a wild night out on the town, and I have a feeling tonight will be no exception. I swear, that girl can find a reason to party, even during a power outage!

But who am I kidding? A night of dancing and drinks sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I'll just have to save my cozy night in for another time. 

We Uber a ride to one of the popular and exclusive high-end nightclubs in the city — Dazy Nights. 

As we approach the club, I can already feel the pulsating beats and electric energy of the crowd. The neon lights illuminate the entrance and the line of hopeful and eager guests waiting to get in. I get out of the cab when Jennie emerges from the other side, shining with confidence in a black sequin cross halterneck cut-out ruched bodycon dress with sparkly open-toe stilettos that make her legs look a mile long. Her long lashes make her light brown eyes stand out, and her eyes infectious smile lights up her face. 

"Let's show these people how to party!" she exclaims, and we strut our way towards the entrance with arms linked as if living a scene from a chicklit movie in slo-mo.

It's the place to be this summer, the hottest spot in the city, usually hard even to get into, but thankfully, being associated with my best friend has its perks, and we are lucky enough to bypass the long queue. And the moment we step inside, it's like walking into a different world. For real, the atmosphere here is indescribable. The hustle and bustle are both exhilarating and overwhelming at the same time. My heart is pounding as we walk together, taking in the sights and sounds of this vibrant place, and as we pass by, I can feel the eyes of strangers stealing glances in our direction, curious about our presence. 

The club is structured on four different levels. The first is a charming outdoor terrace characterized by a massive white stone bar area with color-changing lights and an elegant bamboo wall. The packed, high-energy dance floor lives on the second tier with its signature giant crystal pyramid fountain, the minimalist color scheme of a bright snow white, and vibrant crimson, cerulean, and green lighting.

My eyes scan the place, taking in the swanky decor and the sea of people dressed to impress. They are dancing and mingling, and the DJ is spinning some of the hottest tracks. Up the stairs from the dance floor is a more intimate setting with rich mahogany floors and walls, a myriad of exotic plants, plush sofas and revolving bar stools, and glimmering chandeliers. There are many ordering hookahs to smoke. The elite VVVIPs belong to the highest tier of the club, which offers exclusivity and is reserved for only the most distinguished members.