Part 9: The national diet

Entering the room, many onlookers take photos of the girls and Satoshi

Interviewer: There were 142 refugees killed during the attack from the dragon. Ms. Lelei, do you think that the EMSC could've done a better job in protecting them?

Lelei: That is entirely impossible. True, they defeated the flame dragon. But they couldn't save everyone.
Satoshi: That is a fact, Ma'am. With all due respect, the dragon we faced was something we had never done before. It was basically a flying tank in its own way.

Then, a researcher backs up Satoshi's claim

Researcher: What he says is indeed correct. The scales we acquired from the dragon's severed arm were extremely durable. To put it simply, we need a star destroyer to destroy it.

P.A: Ms. Tuka Luna Marceau, take the stand.

In Lelei's place, Tuka takes her spot

Interviewer: Ms. Tuka, do you hold the EMSC responsible for the deaths of innocent people?

Tuka: My case is far different compared to Lelei's... I was mostly in a coma during the fight...

Interviewer: I understand. Next...

Then, Rory takes the stand as the interviewer has a sly grin

Interviewer: Well, Ms. Mercury. Can you speak Eldian?

Rory: A little.

Interviewer: Then, do you feel that the EMSC is responsible for the deaths of your family?
Rory: I don't understand, care yo elaborate?

Interviewer: Let me be clearer. The EMSC was supposed to protect any civilian from harm, yet they got 142 people killed in their battle against the dragon. So tell us! Is the EMSC nothing more but a sham!? Tell us everything!

Rory: ... ARE YOU STUPID!?

Interviewer: E-Excuse me?

Rory: I asked if you're stupid. You try and antagonize your military while you and many others like you sit around and complain. They saved more than those they lost. Is that achievement not enough?

Interviewer: I-I...

P.A: That will be all for today. Today is considered a wrap.

As the meeting comes to an end. Sat9shi meets up with Tomita and Kuribayashi, along with Piña and Bozes

Satoshi: Good, let's uh... head back, I guess.

As they make their way to Satoshi's place. They bump into a Marleyen Trooper

Marleyen Trooper: Hey, watch where you step.
Satoshi: Back off, Marleyen scum.

The trooper backs off

Rory: Who was he?

Satoshi: ... A Marleyen...
Piña: What's a Marleyen?

Satoshi: Right... Come on, we're going to the library for a bit of history...