Part 10: The idiotic prince

Zorzal arrives, finding no one but Piña

Piña: Zorzal, what brings you here?
Zorzal: I was informed that there were senators attempting to ovethrow the father. Is there such a ruse?
Piña: Of course not! The senators are simply under house arrest, remember?

Zorzal: ... Yeah... that's indeed true... then I'll be on my way back!

He leaves, with Piña calming down and becoming concerned over it. This must've been a warning from the imperial minister

Satoshi: So much for that. Who was he?
Piña: ... My brother, he's the next-in-line to the throne...
Satoshi: So therefore... we need to end the war peacefully before he ascends. Is that correct?
Piña: Yes, we must have the end of the war done before he ascends.

At the palace...

Imperial Minister: Your Majesty, Zorzal has returned empty-handed.
Molt: Of course... that idiot can't see things deeper. Either that, or the senators tricked us.

Imperial Minister: ... Your Majesty, with your permission to speak, what I want to say with you here?
Molt: Of course... what's on your mind?
Imperial Minister: ... Have you ever thought that we made the wrong decision to attack without sending an envoy?
Molt: ... Sometimes, I wonder that myself...

Meanwhile, Piña retires to her chambers whilst Satoshi and his men return to their posts. During their break, Satoshi receives a video call

Satoshi: Belfast!

Belfast: Papa! Is the special region awesome?
Satoshi: It is. There are many species here. It's incredible!
Belfast: When the war there is over, will you bring me to see it?
Satoshi: Yeah... that's a promise. Put Mommy on the line.

Belfast: Mama! Papa wants to talk to you!

The couple then talked to each other over the phone

Serena: Have you seen the news? Marleyen activity has been silent...
Satoshi: Yeah... I want you to do us both a favor... if something happens to me... make sure Belfast doesn't get sad. Okay?
Serena: I can try...

Satoshi ends the call, worried about Marley's sudden silence. It's... unnerving

Satoshi: Something is up... what the hell are those racists up to this time?

During the night, Piña overheard her brother talking to someone

Piña: Huh?

She peeps in, wondering what he's doing. And to her horror...

Zorzal: So you and I have a common enemy?
Marleyen Diplomat: Yes, what I'm suggesting is that we combine our armies and we can defeat Eldia!
Zorzal: As you may know, I'm a crowned prince. My father is the one you have to convince. But for now... I can try and persuade him to ally with your nation.
Marleyen Diplomat: Of course.

Piña: !!!

12 AM...

Satoshi: *Yawns* What the fuck, Tomita... it's 12 AM...
Piña: Satoshi-dono, I need your help!

Satoshi: Whadafuq!?

Tomita: Piña was able to discover our hideout. She has something she needs to tell.

After Piña explained...

Satoshi: Dammit! Marley's starfleet was able to make it here first?!

Piña: Satoshi-dono, you always mentioned the "starfleets" Eldia and Marley possess. If Zorzal were to ally with Marley... he can convince the Emperor to keep fighting, with Marley's military support.
Satoshi: And your world will become wasteland...
Piña: Satoshi-dono, I have managed to arrange an audience between you and my father. You may not be a senator... or a diplomat... but you can reason with him. Can you not?
Satoshi: ... Alright, let's give it a shot.