10

"so our parents went in to get the puppet because its evil." margot stated after hearing mr. bratt's story. "yeah, totally valid, right?" james questioned. "yeah. and that's really good, cause it means they're not like, real murderers. which is great." lucas said. "yeah." margot agreed. "um..what? yes they were actually real murderers. that's the..that's the whole point of the story. are you kidding? your parents were the evil ones." mr. bratt was in full defense and leilani caught on to the almost instantly. "which is why biddles ghost is getting back at them by haunting us. he's making me wanna kill my family and having lucas listen to worms and leaving james for dead." isabella finalized. "okay, you get it. thank you." mr. bratt said.

"okay. yeah. but this harold biddle kid seems kind of, like, messed up. and, like, our parents were probably trying to help him. most of our parents, i guess." lucas added on, they all nodded assuringly. "no, listen to me." mr. bratt was nearly pleading as he spoke. "this is freaking me out." justin whispered to leilani and she nodded. "me too." she whispered back. "what does that mean?" isabella asked lucas. "yeah, what'd you mean by that?" isaiah was also questioning lucas. "he didn't mean anything by it." margot spoke for lucas. "no! no! listen to me." the man was desperately trying to get the teens attention, the attempt worked.

their gaze stayed on the man as they saw his frantic movements. "your parents bullied harold. you understand? they bullied him constantly. they bullied him and bullied him and bullied him. and then they broke into his house and they stole his best friend," the man's eyes were watering as his voice was hoarse each time he spoke louder. "best friend?" james questioned. "yes. his best friend! and they ended up killing him in the process." he yelled at the teens.

"so, yeah, they're murderers." tears were now falling down the man's face as the teens are looked at each other. the discomfort in all of them were shown. "i mean, weren't you even listening? i gotta spell it out for you?" he tried blinking his tears away but just ended up wiping them away instead.

the man sniffled before recovering from his outburst.

"mr. bratt?" margot questioned. the man only snapped at her. "what?!" the teens stared at him in shock. "how do you know all of this?" she asked him. he shifted in his seat and scoffed at her words. "right. the twist," he stood up. "i know all this because i am not mr. bratt." a menacing smile placed on his face as his body caught on fire from his feet and made its way up to his head revealing at burnt teenager. "i'm harold biddle." the teens all back away in fear and they screamed. "what the fuck!" justin was dragging leilani back by her sleeve. "and it's time to get slappy back." he finished before disappearing completely.

"bratt's gone." james said. "you mean biddle's gone." margot corrected the boy. "where'd he go?" justin asked as they all looked around frantically. "uh, door! door, door, door," lucas repeated as he hopped over the couch and they all followed behind him, desperately wanting to leave.

once lucas approached the door he tried opening the door but it wouldn't budge. "is it not opening?" leilani asked, standing closely behind him. "i'm trying, i think i can get it." lucas placed his shoulder on the door as he tried budging it open. leilani was right behind him, pushing at the door. "try pushing!" margot yelled. "we are!" leilani spoke.

"wait, wait, let me try with him, leilani." isaiah placed a hand on her shoulder and pulled her back gently. she nodded as she watched lucas and isaiah nod reassuringly at each other. "count of three, yeah?" lucas asked which only resulted in the two counting down before giving it their all.

the door opened but they fell forward, rather than stepping out making the others furrow their eyebrows. margot rushed up to grab both of their shoulders and pull them back in. "what the hell was that?" justin asked as lucas closed the door. "i'm gonna vote for not opening things anymore." james said and leilani nodded. "if it leads to death then same. i'm with james." leilani nodded along. "cool?" james asked. "yeah." justin and isabella said in unison.