DUTY AND DESIRE

[TRAINING GROUNDS]

Major Faye stands amidst a group of soldiers, overseeing their training exercises with a keen eye. In the distance, she spots Alice, a smile spreading across her face as she waves to catch her attention.

MAJOR FAYE: Alice! Over here!

Alice turns at the sound of Major Faye's voice, her heart skipping a beat at the sight of the young officer. With a smile of her own, she makes her way towards Major Faye, her steps quickening with anticipation.

ALICE: Major Faye!

Major Faye's smile widens as Alice draws nearer, a sense of warmth filling the space between them.

MAJOR FAYE: I thought you might enjoy joining in on the training exercises. Care to give it a try?

Alice's eyes light up with excitement at the invitation, her curiosity piqued by the opportunity to train alongside Major Faye and the soldiers.

ALICE: I'd love to, Major Faye. Thank you for including me.

With a nod of approval, Major Faye gestures for Alice to join the group, a sense of camaraderie forming between them.

MAJOR FAYE: Alright then, let's get started. Everyone, welcome Alice to the training session. Let's show her how we do things around here.

As the soldiers welcome Alice with open arms, Major Faye can't help but feel a sense of pride and satisfaction. In that moment, amidst the rigors of military training, she finds solace in the bond she shares with Alice and her comrades.

Together, Major Faye and Alice join the soldiers in their exercises, united by a shared sense of purpose and determination. In the midst of uncertainty and danger, they find strength in each other's presence, ready to face whatever challenges lie ahead.

[ BASE CAMP MESS HALL]

The soldiers, including Major Faye and Alice, emerge from the training grounds, their faces flushed with exertion yet spirits high from the camaraderie of the exercise. They make their way to the mess hall, where the aroma of freshly cooked breakfast fills the air.

Inside the bustling mess hall, soldiers line up to grab their meals, their voices mingling with the clatter of utensils and the sizzle of food on the griddle. Major Faye and Alice find a table together, their bond strengthened by the shared experience of the morning's training session.

MAJOR FAYE: I don't know about you, Alice, but I worked up quite an appetite during those exercises.

Alice nods in agreement, a smile playing at the corners of her lips.

ALICE: Definitely. It feels good to work up a sweat and then refuel with a hearty breakfast.

As they settle into their seats, the soldiers around them engage in lively conversation, swapping stories and sharing laughter amidst the hustle and bustle of the mess hall.

MAJOR FAYE: So, what did you think of the training session? You did great out there.

Alice's cheeks flush with pride at Major Faye's compliment, her heart swelling with gratitude.

ALICE: Thank you, Major Faye. I had a lot of fun. It was an honor to train alongside you and the other soldiers.

As they enjoy their breakfast together, Major Faye and Alice find solace in each other's company, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment. In the midst of uncertainty and danger, they find moments of peace and connection, reminding them of the humanity that binds them together amidst the chaos of war.