viii

EDITED; 12th Aug, 2024

...

Sorry for disappearing. Here, have a 'Meow Morales' That name is cringe so let's just call him Miles.

 Here, have a 'Meow Morales' That name is cringe so let's just call him Miles

---

The piercing screech that echoed through the carnival froze (Y.name) in place, her blood running cold. The sound was monstrous, primal, like something ripped straight from a nightmare. Slowly, she turned, her eyes widening in shock as they locked onto a figure that shouldn’t have been there—Green Goblin. The grotesque villain loomed in the distance, his hulking form casting an eerie shadow over the brightly lit fairgrounds.

(Y.name)’s heart pounded in her chest as she stared in disbelief. How could it be? Green Goblin had died a year ago, right? There was no time to think, though. Survival instincts kicked in, and she spun on her heel, ready to flee. But then, as she took her first steps, a single, terrifying thought rooted her to the ground—Miles. Where was Miles?

Frantically, she scanned the chaos around her, searching the panicked crowd for any sign of him. But the mass of fleeing people was a blur, and Miles was nowhere to be seen. Her pulse quickened, panic gnawing at the edges of her mind. Police sirens wailed in the distance, growing louder, while security guards ushered people toward the exits. But (Y.name) couldn’t move. Her feet felt like they were cemented to the spot, caught in a vicious tug-of-war between fight and flight.

What if Miles had already escaped? The thought briefly pushed her toward the exit. He had to have gotten away, right? Miles wasn’t exactly the fastest—she still remembered how he struggled to outrun the school’s security guard during freshman year. But then, just as she was about to join the crowd, (Y.name) froze again.

Her thoughts spiraled, her heart racing so fast it felt like it would leap out of her chest. Sweat trickled down her temples as she wrestled with the decision that threatened to tear her apart. The Goblin, still rampaging through the fair, hadn’t noticed her yet. This was her chance to run. But Miles…

“I’m so dumb for this…” she muttered under her breath.

Without another thought, (Y.name) broke into a sprint, darting back into the carnival. A security guard’s voice cut through the chaos, shouting after her, but she ignored him. She had no time to waste. The ground shook as a massive piece of debris crashed down, blocking the entrance she’d just come through. There was no turning back now.

Determination lit a fire in her chest as she weaved through the labyrinth of rides and booths, clutching her Spider-Man plushie as if it could somehow protect her. She kept low, staying out of the Goblin’s line of sight, and made a beeline for the Ferris wheel, the last place she’d seen Miles.

“Miles? Miles!” (Y.name)’s voice was barely a whisper, frantic and laced with desperation. She peered into the empty seats of the Ferris wheel, but there was no sign of him. “Where are you…?”