𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋🌊🦈˚˖𓍢ִ✧˚.

Two weeks.

Two weeks of training, two weeks of tests, and two weeks of practice.

Catherine has been going to some weird training sessions that her father forced her to go to, been practicing her newfound 'abilities', and, even got her own suit.

The suit was fully black with a matching mask that only covered her eyes. -Barely though, the mask was so thin she wasn't even sure how anyone wouldn't recognize her. The mask kind of worked like glasses which was pretty useful.

The suit even had gloves sewn into it that had vibranium retractable claws. Cool.

She now could switch to her alternate ego like a light switch. She'd have white hair and those blue eyes.

Her gadgets -which included a grappling hook, binoculars, and other knives and guns- came in handy for her 'borrowing quests', as her father put it. Since her father worked at the Stark company he had access to high technology, which he stole, of course.

One of his colleagues who also worked with him on the 'Cat Bite' hacked Jarvis and made a super cool suit.

Catherine really liked it, because it reminded her of her favorite Avenger.

However, Walter Hardy's daughter had other intentions with her powers. She wanted to become a superhero of some sort, like Captain America, or her favorite; The Black Widow.

She was always Catherine's favorite. When she was younger she'd read the comics and colour every Avengers colouringbook there was. She'd make guns out of paper and shoot her father, even when he ignored her and disciplined her hundreds of times.

But today, Walter Hardy promised Catherine Hardy that she could go on her first-ever quest. The girl was very flexible and agile due to her being a cheerleader and gymnast, and now knew every trick in the book about combat and stealing.

Another side effect of the Cat-Bite; faster learning and elephant memory.

It was like photo memory. She could take one glance at the 'hand-to-hand combat 101 for dummies' textbook she got from her father and memorize the whole thing.

So, in the middle of the night, she's going to break into a jewelry shop to steal one specific necklace.
The necklace is worth about ten thousand dollars and belonged to some rich family before they passed.

The school day passed awfully fast. Catherine tried every excuse in the book but nothing worked.
She wanted to use her powers for something good so she argued with her father to no avail.

Walter Hardy assumed that since one of his science projects bit her, her powers and the way she would use them belonged to him.
That he could just boss her around and tell her what to do like some dog.

Cathrine reluctantly put her suit on and stared at her mirror. The suit clung to her body like a second skin.

She sighed heavily while putting her mask on, her features changing drastically as she did so.

She stepped out to the living room, where her father sat. „There's my Cat." He said with a grin.
„Now remember, break in, steal, and leave with no evidence."

„I know, Dad." Catherine slumped her shoulders and gave a tight-lipped smile.
She was about to exit through the main door but he stopped her.

„I got something for you,"

„A present? But my birthday isn't for about four months or five, even." Catherine smiled excitedly.

Her father ignored her, showing her a small black box. She held her breath, expecting a gift of some sort.

"These," he opened it up, the sparkle in Catherine's eyes fading as he did so, "are Starks newest headpieces. Put 'em on,"

„Oh. Right," She exhaled and put them on.

"Oh, and exit through the fire escape. Too many goddamn cameras out there." He complained, waving his hands around.

Catherine nodded and made her way out, a rather sad expression painted on her face.

She made her way up to the roof, the cold February air seeping through her white hair.

February, the month of love. All of her friends seemed to have found the love of their lives yet she stands on a rooftop alone planning to steal jewellery.

She jumped from roof to roof -which was quite easy considering the Bite-. Eventually, she got to the large roof that was made out of glass in the middle.

She looked through the window. She could see a security guard walking around and flashing his light aimlessly.

Catherine smirked at herself, already carving out a hole in the glass with her claws, like in those old cartoons.

She then attached her grappling hook to the roof and slid down silently, right behind the man.

Using one of her gadgets, she tased the man making him fall flat on his rather round stomach.

Catherine walked over to the glass box which stood in the middle of the room, a silver necklace displayed in it.

She took another gadget out of her belt and stuck it on the glass, allowing her to grab the priced jewelry.

Catherine smiled at herself for the easy victory, tugging the grappling hook which then brought her back up.

She wouldn't admit it, but she kind of liked it.

She thought she'd hate being the person ten-year-old Catherine promised she'd never be.
However, the surge of adrenaline coursing through her veins made her feel more alive than ever before.

Elli's comments ౨ৎ

Oh, how I've missed the procrastination....
And also the exams 😍 can't wait to spend hours studying to fail anyhow