Part Eight

Severus stepped out of the floo at Malfoy Manor to find Lucius waiting for him. "Lucius," he greeted with a slight smile on his lips.

The blonde returned his smile and wrapped an arm around him, "Hey, Severus." He said as the floo flared again, and Draco and Harry stepped through. Well, Draco stepped through, and Harry practically flew out of the floo and landed on his butt.

"Potter," Lucius exclaimed, looking between his son and best friend before looking back at the boy on his floor. "What is he doing here?" He asked.

"Calm down, Lucius, I will explain," Severus said, looking at the boys. "Draco, you show Harry around; me and I will be in his office," He said, and the two left the room, and Severus started to head towards the office.

"Severus, wait," Lucius called as he finally caught up with the potion master just outside his office door.

"What?" Severus asked, pausing to look at the man.

"Before you go into my office, I want you to keep an open mind," Lucius said, walking past him and pushing the office door open, holding the door open for the other.

Severus gave him a curious look before stepping through. He paused when he saw who it was. There, sitting on the couch, hunched over with his elbows on his knees and his hands clasped, was Tom.

The door shut behind Severus, and Tom looked up at him. Severus turned around and glared at Lucius. "What the hell?" he asked.

"He just wants to talk. I'll be here if you need me, but you both need this," Lucius said, looking over his shoulder. You're both walking around like zombies, emotionless and, quite frankly, a pain to look at. It breaks my heart to see you like this, Severus. Just talk to him," Lucius pleaded.

"Fine, but if I get hexed, you're getting crucioed," the potion master said before taking a deep breath and turning to look at Tom, who hadn't moved from his position and had gone back to staring into space.

Severus slowly walked and stood by the end of the couch. Tom stood when he realized Severus was standing there. Severus took a good look at the man in front of him.

His pale vampire skin was even paler than normal; his eyes were red and puffy, and dark purple bags were under his eyes. They had bags, and his shoulders hung low. This was nothing like the Tom that Severus remembered.

Before Severus could say anything, Tom took a step forward and knelt before him; Severus' eyes widened as he looked at the Dominant on his knees. He quickly looked back at Lucius to see that the man had the same shocked expression on his face.

"I'm sorry," Tom said, Severus huffed. "I know...Sorry, it does not mean much to you now; it might be too late. But I really do mean it. I lost myself in power, and you took the blow for it. I don't blame anyone but myself for my actions. I do not wish you to forgive me because I know I don't deserve it. But I still had to say it," Tom said, as Severus stood there speechless.

"You said you wouldn't blame anyone for your actions," Severus started, "but if you were to, who would you blame?" He asked.

"I...Dumbledore," Tom said, and Severus sighed. Dumbledore's name seemed to come up a lot lately in a bad sense.

The door opened, and Severus looked around to see Draco and Harry enter the room.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 578

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 9 am

When are you reading this?