Part Fifteen

It had been a week since the weekend at Malfoy Manor. Snape woke up and rolled out of bed. He yawned softly and climbed out of bed. He was wearing his black silk PJs, which were absolutely comfortable to sleep in.

He made his way to the bathroom, where he showered and brushed his teeth before exiting his room. He then made his way across the small living room to a door on the other side, knocked softly, and waited.

When he didn't get a reply he opened the door, peeking in. He smiled when he saw his son sleeping on the bed. He made his way over to the teen and shook his shoulder.

Harry snorted and rolled over onto his belly. Severus cast a tempus and saw that they had five minutes before breakfast started. Looking down at the boy, Severus picked him up, and Harry immediately wrapped his arms around his neck.

Severus waved his wand, and Harry's clothes were changed, his face was cleaned of drool, and his hair was combed. Severus nodded, satisfied with his work. He picked up Harry's bag from near the door, went to the door of his quarters, and opened it only to find Draco standing there with his hand up, ready to knock.

"Oh, finally," Draco said, "I thought you guys were going to miss breakfast," he said, taking in the sleeping boy in Snape's arms.

"He was up late doing homework," Snapped informed him, and Draco nodded as the two of them made their way to the great hall. Outside the door, the two paused, and Severus tried to hand Harry over to Draco.

"No," Harry whined, climbing tighter to the man. Severus tried again. "Daaad," Harry whined this time and Severus froze a dark blush on his cheeks.

"Harry, you have to go with Draco," Severus tried, but Harry wouldn't budge. "If you go with Draco, I'll buy you a new broom," Severus said, and immediately Harry's grip looked, and he transferred himself to Draco's arms.

Draco and Snape entered the hall. Draco took Harry to the Slytherin table while Snape went to the staff table. He sat in his seat, and his breakfast appeared. Halfway through the meal, a black owl flew through the window and landed in front of him with a parcel.

He knew that owl, it has been coming every morning with different flowers and short letters. Severus ignored the feeling of eyes on him as he untied the parcel from its leg and took the yellow rose from its beak and the owl hooters before flying off.

"Your secret admirer sure likes to send you gifts," McGonagall said from his right; Severus had told them he didn't know who was sending him gifts. Lucky Tom charmed the letters so that only he could read them.

He entered the package and unwrapped it. Seeing the journal inside, Severus immediately knew what it was. They had a pair when they had just started dating but didn't know where it was after they had mated and moved in together.

Severus stood and left the room. He went to his office and sat behind his desk. He placed the journal in front of him and ran his hand over the covers before opening it.

'I hope you have a good day' T.M.R

As soon as he read it, the text disappeared.

'I wish the same for you as well,' S.S.

He was taking Lucius's advice about not forgiving the other man as easily as he always did, but he had to admit he missed the bastard a lot more than he would ever tell him.

'Will you meet me today for lunch?" T.M.R

Severus read the question and then reread it. This would be the first time that they would be meeting on their own.

'I am not sure I can leave the castle; I have class right after lunch,' S.S.

'We could meet at our spot,' T.M.R.

At the suggestion, memories flashed through his mind. Their spot was just outside the ward of Hogwarts. They had shared many moments there together.

'I don't know,' S.S.

He heard the door to his classroom open, and students started to enter.

'OK, I will be there if you choose to come. If you don't, that's fine too, ' T.M.R.

Severus shut the book after that, placing it along with a self-refilling quill in his inner robe pocket before standing and heading toward his class.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 719

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 12:30 pm

When are you reading this?