Chapter 1: first day of middle school

Side note: There is previous things, but they will be explained in a flash back later on.
<~~~~~~~~~~~❥❥❥~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

The sun was shining as Holly and Ash both got into there moms car, "why do we have to go to a private school?!" Holly whined as she got in the car. Her mom then looked up at her, "Holly, dear Ash is gifted here needs to be in a private school." Ash just sits quietly in his seat, looking out the window.

The trees were turning to an orange color as the seasons changed from summer to spring. "Why do the lights change colors in the fall Ash?" Ash then rolled his eyes knowing his sister should have known this, "it's because of changes in the length of daylight and changes in temperature, the leaves stop their food-making process." He said as Holly nodded. "Holly I say pay attention in class, now that we are in this new school after all", Ash said as he pulled up his glasses. Holly just rolls her eyes and nods.

     Soon the car pulls in, and the twins get out. "First day of six grade this won't be hard... I hope" Holly said as she looked up at the school. It reminded her of a prison, after all the school was a private school for the smartest people in Tennessee. "Mum why can't I go to school with Ryan, he goes to a cool school not a private school!?" She said as her mom grabs her backpack from the trunk. "Dear, Ryan goes to high school, this is good for you till maybe high school" mom said as she gives Holly and Ash their bags. "Thanks mother" Ash said, as he walked into school.

Holly was still standing right next to the car not wanting to go into the school. Her mother looked up to her with a sweet smile, "dear it's time". She said as she gave Holly her backpack and walked her in school. Holly then nodded and walked inside the school. As she walked in she saw that all the students were silent and in uniforms, looking like they were being held hostage. As she walked into her first period she bumped into a girl around her age. "Oh sorry about that", Holly said helping the girl up. "It's okay, you must be new here, I'm Heather and you are". Heather looked at Holly. "Oh I'm Holly the one with the gifted identical twin". Holly said holding her hand out to shake heathers. Heather then shakes her hand, "I'll see you around I guess".

      Holly just sighed and walked into her first period. "Miss Rose you are 3 minutes late", Mrs Smith said as she gave Holly a stank eye. "Oh sorry Mrs I am new here and-", Mrs Smith cut her off. "Save your excuses for detention!" Holly just sighed, angry that her teacher would give her detention on the first day of school. A girl named Olivia who was siting nested to Holly tapped her shoulder, "don't worry she is just an old lady that has gone through 4 marriages". Holly then giggled a bit.

     "I'm Holly anyways who are you?" Holly asked curiously. "Oh I'm Olivia call me Liv though!" She said with a slight smile.

     Mrs Smith then slapped Liv's wrist, "shush your mouth I'm trying to teach!" Holly then felt a bit of anger in her, "you know hitting a student is against the law you can't do that!" Holly yelled at Mrs Smith. She just gave Holly a shocked expression, "How dare you talk to me like that in my classroom!" Holly then rolled her eyes, "I actually do dare." She yelled back. As the whole class just looked straight knowing if they looked they would get in trouble. "To the principals office NOW" Holly's eyes widened as she walked to the principals office on her first day of school.

    As Holly walked toward the principals office she felt the cold and loneliness of the school. Was this school just a cult for parents to send their kids? The steps ran through the hallway as Holly was now at the door.

     "What have you done to get sent here Miss Rose?" The principal asked. Holly looked up nervously, "I just told the teacher she can't slap a student since it's against the law." The principal nodded, "you know this is a private school right?" Holly nodded and the principal continued, "we don't go by the county's rules, we go by our own, so Miss Rose for talking back to a teacher you will have to stay after school and clean up around".

   Holly then gave the principal a shocked look, "me clean?!" She explained as she was asked. The principal nodded, "if you have something after school I'll just give you Saturday detention". Holly then nodded, "Saturday detention is fine" she said as she walked out of the principals office nervous about what just happened.