Doing Your Part

Your POV

It was morning. At least, that's what I think.

I opened my eyes and looked to see that I was not on the floor anymore. I looked down to see Bakugo's arm. So he really did pull me into bed with him. Even for someone who wanted their own space, he wanted me to stop worrying about my current situation so much so he could have some peace of mind of his own. Even if it is hard to avoid it, I needed to be strong. I turned my head and took a glance at him.

Bakugo was hiding his face against the back of my neck as he slept peacefully while he was holding me close.

I didn't know what to think.

I felt him stir a bit as he softly groaned in his sleep before he opened his eyes and sits himself up while letting out a small yawn.

I slowly scooted away and sat up myself as I rubbed my eyes to properly wake up.

"Slept fine?" He asked.

...

I softly nodded, "Yeah.. thanks."

He grunts, and with a huff, he says, "Whatever. Just don't do that shit again. Fucking hate it when you do that.."

...

"Sorry.." I said as I looked away.

...

"Hey." He grabbed my chin and looked at me with a cold and soft scowl on his face, "You're stuck here with me whether you like it or not. Get it through your head and pull yourself together. We've got enough crazy bastards down here. We don't need any more."

I could tell what he was saying to me at this point. He was telling me not to lose my sanity. Or at least.. telling me to try my best to hold out as much as I can since I held a better consciousness than most have already lost theirs. It was strange. He sounded rude. Completely careless. But his message was clear.

...

I nodded again as I gently pulled away from his touch, "I got it.. I got it. Don't worry."

His gaze softened only ever so slightly. But it didn't last long for someone who held such a temper. His angry expression was back as he looked away and said, "Get off the bed. You're awake now, aren't you?"

"Oh, r-right. Sorry." I scooted myself to the edge of the bed and climbed off.

He scoffs at this and rolled his eyes. He still hadn't adjusted to the fact that I was his roommate, but killing me wouldn't do any good since he'll just be bored out of his mind again. Besides.. as much as he hated to admit it. He enjoyed having someone to talk to. Or at least insult and not walk away. Not like I could anyways.

I walked over to the door and looked out of the window. It wasn't long before I saw Mina from her room.

She spotted me. Immediately, she taps onto the glass of her window, but there was hardly any sound. Like usual, she was concerned for me since she's seen me get taken in and out in a wheelchair by Dr. Yun.

I looked at her with a small smile and waved at her.

She softly smiled and waved back. I saw the tears forming in her eyes. It broke my heart to see her like that.

My eyes became watery, too. She was really nice. I missed talking to her. Her and everyone else. Uraraka. Jiro. Kirishima. Denki.. Sero. Tsu. Momo. Even if I only knew them for a few days or less, they were the ones who made me feel welcomed when I was scared. Especially Uraraka, who I first met on my first night here.

...

My breath hitched. I really wanted to talk to them. See how they're doing.

Bakugo noticed this. He clicked his tongue as he approached behind me to look through the window as well. He saw Mina. He held an irritated scowl as he glared at her.