Epilogue + Authors Note

8 months later, Orlov Military Base Medical Ward
Time; 8:41am

"Along with the recent shipment of ammunition, we just need you to sign off so we can place the order" A soldier explains. Ghost, laying in the once quiet med-bay, is annoyed. He lifts his broken arm, showing the cast, "Does it look like I can sign something to you?" he asks. The soldier hesitantly answers, "I.. I apologize sir."

Ghost tosses the clipboard back, annoyed. "Use your fucking brain and give it to Price" his tone angry. The Soldier silently nods, "And uh.. Sir?" Ghost sits up, "If you say another fucking thing about paperwork, I'll take off this cast and shove it so far down you throat you'll-" the curtain opens. The room goes silent, "Sergeant" the soldier greets.

"MacTavish" Ghost says under his breath. Soap looks at the clipboard, handing it to the soldier, "You're dismissed" Soap says, entering further into the room. He nods, "Thank you sergeant, thank you lieutenant" he exits the med-bay, closing the curtain behind him. Ghost watches as Soap looks around the piled get well soon cards and papers.

"You think you'd be able to do a push up?" Soap asks. He reads through Ghost's doctor's notes, sitting nearby. Ghost lets out an annoyed sigh, trying to adjust himself in the stiff bed. "Soap please" his tone low, pulling the towel over his eyes with his non broken arm. "Just trying to make light of the situation."

Soap continues reading, "A non-displaced fracture in right forearm, cause; A 15 foot fall from rope, forearm broke fall, 4-6 weeks of rest, suggested; no hard labor for the first 2 weeks". He places the packet down, leaning back in his chair. A moment goes by, "You fell off a-" Ghost immediately interrupts "No", Soap slowly nods.

"Understood sir" soon after, sounds of stifled laughter coming from Soap, luckily, Ghost is still able to flip him off. "It's only been a day, you'll still be able to help with training, if you want that is" Soap says. Ghost lets out a defeated sigh, "I'm the one that's gonna need help after this". Soap scoffs, "Ghost? Need help? Never thought I'd hear that" he says, impressed that Ghost would even suggest such a thing.