19. Dhadak

•Shubman Gill•

Khyati had been taking so much stress of Mayan calling her daily. She can't even talk to him and she doesn't even let me talk to him. There is no way Mayan will stop. This bastard is getting into my nerves day by day.

He crossed his line this morning when he called Khyati and I picked it up. "She's a gold digger that she married you. She's a fuck-"

"Mayan you are fucking bastard. If you have the guts to say these come in front of me I'll fucking tell you who the hell you are." I cut the call and slammed the phone on the bed. I  sighed I've to do something.

Days have passed and we are near the finals. We will be facing CSK in 3 days for the finals.

Khyati came in the room with Inayat laughing along. I sighed and smiled towards them.

____

I smiled to the crowd as I went to do the toss. Today is the Final of IPL 2024. Khyati and Inayat are in the stands. The pitch seems to be great so CSK won the toss and decided to bat first.

The power play was like a nightmare. They scored 87 runs and none was out. They were smashing only sixes, the fours were like a one run to them. They batted and smashed. I called Shami bhai and indicated something. Soon he took a wicket of Ruturaj. I looked at the screen as they showed Khyati.

We bowled and they smashed. And then Rachit smashed the ball that came to me. I failed. I jumped but didn't caught it. As I fell on the ground I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. Shit no. Not now. I was back in the dressing room. I got injured. They gave me painkillers. I sighed as CSK weren't stopping and they set the target of 208/3.

As I was injured Nehra sir suggest me to go on 3rd no. I nodded and sent Saha and Sai.

And there it was, Unfortunately Saha got bowled out on the very first bowl. I buried my face in my palm. Nothing is going right these days. Sai and Abhinav batted good. They both scored 70/1 in the power play.

But then Jadeja sir came and then Sai got catch out. The pain was still in my arms. Nehra sir looked at me and sent Miller not me.

Now the score was 156/2 in the 15th over. They played well but unfortunately Abhinav got out. Nehra looked at me and then looked away.

"Tewatia!" He shouted. "No no I'll go." I said and got up. "Nah Gill you can't. You are injured." He said "I don't care. I want to score some." I said and then he nodded.

Before I left for the ground I looked up and found Khyati looking at me. She gave me a thumbs up and mouthed "I know you can do it Shub, best of luck!" I nodded with a smile.

I went in and the crowd hooted for me. I was on the strike. I looked at the stands and then at the bowler and I took a run.

4 overs later we were 194/3. We needed 12 runs in the last over. Miller was on strike. He took a run and now I was on the strike. I hit the bat with a force and took 2 runs. Again on strike.

I looked in the stands. My arm hurts like hell but I can't loss this match. I hit a four. Need 5 on 3. I closed my eyes and looked straight in the stands. Khyati stood with fingers crossed with closed eyes.

The ball came, the hit the bat with force and closed my eyes. I heard the crowd hoot. I opened my eyes. I hit a six. We won the IPL.

Isighed and smiled. I removed my gloves and blew a kiss to Khyati's direction.

Khyati came running to me. She jumped onto me and I hugged her tightly and swung her in my arms. "You did it my man! You DID it. I love you so much." She pulled apart when she realised what she said.

She never told me that before neither I ever said it. She stuck her tongue out in shyness and buried her face in my chest. I hugged her and kissed her head. Inayat was in Shahneel's arms when she also came and hugged me. "Congrats bhai! Proud of you."
_____

Khyati and I were on the roof. While Khyati had her eyes closed, enjoying the cold breeze hit her face. I admired her face little too much tonight. Inayat was with maa and paa in their hotel room.

I held Khyati's hand and she opened her eyes to look straight in my eyes.

"Khyati. How do I say this? I don't know. But one thing I know is...I really really Love you. I didn't knew that I'd ever fall in love with anybody else after what had happened but you." I pointed at her with a smile.

"You made me believe in love again. That yes I can love and that true love really exist. I would never forget the day I saw you. The white saree you wore that made my heart fly away as I saw you. As If I gave you my heart on that day. When you lowered your sunglasses and saw right in my eyes. You know I would have died at that day but didn't because I wanted to know how I would love to see you as my love, as my wife. I still remember I had Anamika's portraits in my notebook that I drawn when I was with her. But When You came to my house that day and said that you were a divorced and a mother. I knew that I will be the person that will love you to death. On that very day I had burned that portrait of her."

I bit my lip and said "I don't know but Khyati. I am in love. In love with you. I love you in all ways. You are my heart Khyati. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU KHYATI!" Tears roll down her cheeks. She came and hugged me tightly.

"Shub." She looked up and held my face in her hands. "I didn't knew I'll ever fall in love but you!" She came and kissed me on my lips.