INTRODUCTION.

half chapter to introduce Lydia to Robin : )
-

i strolled mindlessly through Miami Beach's courtyard, a sea of faces surrounding me as i made my way aimlessly about.

from afar, i saw Nancy. she was walking too fast for me to reach. and anyways, it'd probably be awkward. i imagine she has friends to catch up with.

"havent seen you around here before," a girl cooed out, pulling up beside me. her features were angelic and rough all at once. i paused, my breath hindered in my throat as anxiety creeped up my spine.

"well, i'm new," i hummed nonchalantly.

she continued walking alongside me, "so, do you want me to give you a tour? i'm Lydia, by the way."

"sure, being a disciple of 90's films i'd be a little offended if i didn't get a tour," i responded. quirking a brow as she slowed her pace, glancing at me with this charismatic smile that made my heart melt.

"we have a designated safe space here at Miami Beach if you feel offended," we both giggled.

she continued along, pointing her index finger towards a group of students "those are the instagram witches of Miami Beach," she smirked, "apparently that one on the left-- Percy, made a girl levitate at a sleepover once. ever since then, she's been their leader."

"she's a Scorpio, by the way," Lydia added with a cheeky grin.

"hot."

"and those are the horny theatre kids--" she waved her hands once again.

"they tried to mount a primarily white production of hamilton last year. Lin-Manuel Miranda sent a cease and desist."

i nodded again, stifling a laugh as she skimmed over the amass of students, clearly locating the next neatly defined clique.

we took a few steps forward before my eyes locked with a recognizable ginger.

Vickie. my heart sunk to my feet, shame engulfing my body. i fidgeted with the rings adorned on my hands.

"ooh, theres the nature club. rumor has it that the little one, Vickie Clarke, is growing weed in their tents," Lydia snickered, glancing to me for a heartbeat.

"are you okay?" light concern was laced throughout her tone as her attention shifted onto me. i hesitated before responding,

"yeah, sorry."

she continued along, eventually stopping off to the side of the main walkway. her gaze was fixed on a group of students surrounding a fountain, including Nancy. my curiosity was piqued.

"those kids are the Miami Beach's royal court," she sighed, "and their fallen queen, Nancy Wheeler."

i indiciated i was listening by a small dip of my head, as if i didn't know anything.

but i know-- of course i do.