6.

teenage girls are just psychopaths. can you really blame me?
-

Nancy was sprawled out in a stained-glass windowsill. her cheeks a light pinkish hue from crying.

"Nance, i--" i stammered, solicitude overwhelming my body as i swiveled to her.

"did you see the way they looked at me?" her voice cracked, her fists were curled around the edges of her skirt.

"they shooed me off like a bug."

i looked down to my feet. not only did i have a PhD in being awkward, but i also sort of sucked at consolation.

"i want revenge," Nancy whispered out, her voice was heightened an octave and raw.

in juxtaposition to my life, Nancy came off as flawless. so this unhinged, emotional side of her was astounding. (also, 'twas admittedly a little hot.)

and also oddly reassuring. perhaps we are even more similar then i couldve imagined. anyways, my endeavor was for vengance, not tripping over my own heels for some girl.

Nancy abruptly got to her feet, "i have an idea," she announced, grinning.

"what is it?"

"you and i," she waved her finger between us, innocently causing my stomach to flip. stop it, robin. "could do eachothers revenge."

"no."

"why not?" her blue toned eyes rounded.

"for one, i can't do revenge..." i breathed out, the rise and fall of my chest was irregular as my heartbeat quickened, "and like, is do revenge even correct grammar?"

"okay Schoolhouse Rock," she snorts,

"think about it, Robin. no one knows we know eachother, so nobody will connect us to them," she paused to wave her hands, "or to eachother. we could get away scot-free."

i rolled my shoulders back, looking around the bathroom. my heart was thumping in my chest like a jackrabbit.

"okay--"

"and don't you want to make her pay?" Nancy interrupted me.

"i don't want to make her pay," i chose my words carefully, rolling my eyes as my hands grew sweatier by the second.

Nancy's brow quirked up,

"i want to burn her to the ground."

her body softened, the rigidness in her shoulders evaporating as we concomitantly giggled.

"you're giving off some serious Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction energy right now."

"Glennergy," i flashed a shit-eating grin. the tension still hung thick in the air, but i was more at ease.

"you are fucking radiating Glennergy, Robin."

and i suppose i didn't notice it before, but her breath was warm on my collarbones.

"so what's the plan, vos Savant?" i mustered up, obdurate to the prospect of moving away from her; but now hyperaware of our proximity.

she was gazing up at me through her eyelashes intently, "well, Vickie is catering for the senior ring party, i say we plant drugs in their soup."

"if there is one thing i've learnt about you," i lightly pin my finger to the indent under her throat, "you're damn good at planting drugs where they don't belong."

Nancy stepped backwards, blushing profusely. "well-- don't tell anyone about the whole Giselle thing. i mean, she deserved it, right?"

Robin smirked. shortly after Nancy and her had formed a more official friendship; Nancy had revealed that since Giselle was spreading the video, she had framed her for having Cocaine on campus.

"right."

----

(1 WEEK LATER)

my plan to avenge Robin was going smoothly so far. i had successfully infiltrated the nature club and landed myself a spot on the school farm team.

Vickie looked up at me, wiping soil off on her overalls. her eyes glistened with a familiar look, i just couldn't quite place where i recognize it from.

"so," she said, pausing, "how are you enjoying the farm?"

"it's great," i flashed a faulty smile, slightly confused as to why she'd be seeking validation from me.

"good!" she grinned, turning back to her work.

i carefully navigated my way away from her, feeling irritated. after what she did to Robin, i deemed her undeserving of my attention. so frankly, doing all this was a pain in the ass.

i landed infront of the greenhouse tent, tucked deep within their farm, surrounded by a few garden beds and trees.

i ducked, circling around to the back. fuck. it was locked. the zipper had an unusually large and industrial lock attached to it.

i pressed my cheek up against the tent, inhaling deep. the scent of weed penerating my lungs and i drew backwards; gagging slightly.

figured the rumors were true. i have to return to Robin to share the news-- right, i haven't spoke to her for a few days. something about the thought of her made my heart ache.

i miss her. anyways, i digress. Robin will be delighted to hear about this. hell, if she so wanted to we could probably report Vickie to the headmaster and get her expelled immediately.

----

"no," she shook her head.

"why not?" i tilted my head, would this not just make things easier? Robin was after revenge, not a fun time-- or so i thought?

"first off," Robin held her finger up, "i want to see if we can get Johnathan off his shit at this party or whatever, i can get him to admit something."

something about the malice in her tone made my heart skip a beat. she was acting as if she wanted to really hurt Johnathan. like she wanted to protect me.

"secondly," she raised a second finger, a small smirk appearing across her lips.

"i don't want this to be boring."

i giggled, "you're full of surprises."

she rolled her eyes.