Chapter Thirteen

Parking in the garage I sat in my car for a few moments my mouth still tasting like peach vodka mix and stared at the other vehicles in the garage, an apartment complex where the average penthouse apartment was a million dollars. A requirement to make a quarter million a year was sure a shock to many I'm sure.

Climbing out of my car I locked it and made my way slowly to the elevator before pulling out my phone and looked down at the text from Kiera that I wasn't going to answer until I was mentally capable of doing so as a level headed person.

Pressing the top floor button I swiftly rose to the top while leaning back against the wall and looked back down at the message reaching more then just her name this time.

Kiera

Hey, you good? You left really quickly.
Recieved 11:24

Couldn't be at the party any longer
Read 11:43

Any particular reason, you didn't say goodbye to anyone, your friends even asked if I knew where you'd gone, and all I could tell them was your car was gone.
Recieved 11:43

Not worth talking about just yet. Sorry for not saying goodbye
Read 11:44

The doors of the elevator slid open and I walked out making my way towards the kitchen which was dimly lit by the bar light fixture hanging from the ceiling, and Rhea's sleeping form lay on the couch on the pillow I had been laying against while working a few hours ago.

Filling a glass with water and taking a Robax for the possibility of a headache, I began to take off my clothes so I could shower. Though my phone buzzing brought my attention back to it.

Well tell me when you're ready, want me to come by?
Recieved 11:45

Yes. My hands itched to type out the word but it wasn't smart.

No, I'll be alright. Thank you for offering
Read 11:45

Okay well if you change your mind I probably won't be leaving until late
Recieved 11:45

I didn't know how to reply to that. I didn't know of she was saying it to be a good friend and wanting to help. Or if it was a ploy to find out more because I was as we both knew equally as stubborn as her.

Okay, I'm going to have a shower, I feel like I have to wash party off of me.
Read 11:46

Looking how you did you sure it's just party. Sure some cute girl didn't make you have an orgasm and you fled?
Recieved 11:46

For someone who's never had sex you sure have a high familiarity with it
Read 11:47

Folding my clothing I set it on the counter staring at myself in the mirror. I'd hated how I looked when younger. I was tiny and scrawny. Now I wasn't thank God, but I could still picture the middle school senior who proved himself for the entire year more for him then his school or the scouts at the practices.